Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why do red trousers always look too small for the wearer?

1628988606212.png

Those stripey blazers in the centre of the pic' remind me of 1970's/80's striped toothpaste.:smile:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I ordered the two velvet ones last night, just before the sale deadline. I was lucky as i thought they'd been reduced to half price permanently. I just happened to see a 'sale ends in 2 hours' sign appear at the top of their page. Not bad, two for £157 (£7 delivery fee) where now they'd cost £307 for the same two!:biggrin:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Someone hereabouts was rather uncomplimentary about Samuel Windsor but I thought anyone interested in basics/classics (cotton chinos, brown brogues, even the odd stripey blazer) might be interested to know they're having a closing down sale, with what look like genuinely low prices. Size availability is limited, and I guess will get steadily more so, but it might be worth a look...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Standard Delivery - Only £5.95

Please note standard delivery on all items is only £5.95, delivery charge applies per order regardless of number of items purchased. Delivery to Republic of Ireland, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands is £10.95. Delivery to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands and Islands is £6.95.

Plus it'd cost 'only', nearly 6 quid for delivery!🧐

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Someone hereabouts was rather uncomplimentary about Samuel Windsor but I thought anyone interested in basics/classics (cotton chinos, brown brogues, even the odd stripey blazer) might be interested to know they're having a closing down sale, with what look like genuinely low prices. Size availability is limited, and I guess will get steadily more so, but it might be worth a look...
Some year ago I bought a pair of their Oxford shoes. They were by some distance, the most difficult pair of shoes I have ever owned to break in. Even after breaking in, it was always a relief to remove them at the end of the day. Also in winter in particular, the soles were lethal. If Jack Frost had even breathed on the pavement, they could easily lose grip.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I ordered the two velvet ones last night, just before the sale deadline. I was lucky as i thought they'd been reduced to half price permanently. I just happened to see a 'sale ends in 2 hours' sign appear at the top of their page. Not bad, two for £157 (£7 delivery fee) where now they'd cost £307 for the same two!:biggrin:
Ordered late Monday night, arrived Wednesday morning. That's a pretty good service!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There is a chap who wanders around the market in Accrington always wearing wellingtons and a knotted hanky hat I kid you not.

It's taken over three months, but I eventually tracked him down today!!:okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom