Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bargain of the year so far? I picked this Schoffel fleece up in the Salvation Army charity shop in Clitheroe this aft' for a mere £2.50!

View attachment 634557

It's in navy, though my camera makes it look slightly charcoal i'd say.🤔 I would've preferred burgundy, but beggars can't be choosers as they say and at least it's not boring black!!🧐

View attachment 634558

It'd only just arrived an hour before I saw it. It fits perfectly and as far as i can see is in almost new condition! Funnily enough I was toying with the idea of buying a Schoffel fleece from this place up the road from the charity shop. https://vareys.co.uk/schoffel-men-gilets-and-fleeces.
This is the one i bought, which is on sale here for nearly 200 quid! https://www.schoffelcountry.com/ite...0hwYB1ZT93YGEgyvYmaLcQl_6xBwVL0RoCG3gQAvD_BwE
The only downside was that I left my Tootal paisley scarf in the charity shop when trying the fleece on, but I've just phoned the manager to tell her to look out for it before someone buys it and she said she's in first thing in the morning, so she'll put it to one side for me.:okay:
And here it is for a mere, nearly 200 quid.

1659930843792.png

https://www.cordings.co.uk/schoffel-navy-cottesmore-ii-fleece.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bought on approval. I'm thinking green stripey blazer and brown suede brogues.🤔

1660273614532.png

Last edited:

Badger_Boom

Über Member
The Telegraph article references this sadly dormant site. The CC filter won’t let me post the direct link, so here’s a shortened one.
https://bit.ly/3d8Itoy
That site always makes me chuckle, despite being a regular wearer of le pantalons rouge.

I'm going to have to buy some braces. The pants have stretch side bands that make the waistband tighter, but not tight enough for me. The pants came with buttons fitted for braces, but no belt loops. I haven't worn a pair of braces since I was about 5, when I wore them to hold my school shorts up, before I wore long pants.
Surely a fellow of such sartorial substance such as yourself has a pair of braces in his wardrobe?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
White troosers ? You must be less mucky than me - I'd last 20 seconds !:sad: :tongue:

Yes, They will be a nightmare! I haven't fully decided yet to buy them or not. My thoughts are that I'll have to carry a towel or similar to sit on when out and about.🤔 I went out on Wednesday wearing off white shorts. It was a nightmare! I was so hot and bothered, but couldn't sit down on a bench or a wall etc in case I got up and found a mark on my shorts!🧐

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mmm, I've found two accessories for the cricketer look. I bought the cap last year, but I've hardly worn it, after someone said it looked like a school cap.🧐 Maybe wear the cap when out walking in the white get up, nonchalantly tossing the ball slightly with my right hand.🤔

1660309338614.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I could also wear my Panama hat (matching headband and v neck), but it looks like something's been eating it!🧐

1660310513555.png

winjim

Smash the cistern
Mmm, I've found two accessories for the cricketer look. I bought the cap last year, but I've hardly worn it, after someone said it looked like a school cap.🧐 Maybe wear the cap when out walking in the white get up, nonchalantly tossing the ball slightly with my right hand.🤔

View attachment 656950

I could also wear my Panama hat (matching headband and v neck), but it looks like something's been eating it!🧐

View attachment 656951

There's probably a way of wearing each of these items of clothing but I'm not convinced that 'all at once' is necessarily it. Maybe at Halloween or something.

Top Bottom