Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mmmm.🤔

1660333958785.png

https://www.albertprendergast.com/acatalog/The-W-G-Grace-Cap-In-Red-Yellow-2565.html

AndyRM

XOXO
Well, why would they make and sell cricket type clothing which isn't really meant for cricket, more for style?

To make money. Personally? I wouldn't consider cutting about in shan cricket kit particularly stylish, but then I'm wearing a Freida Kahlo shirt, a pair of zebra print trousers and knackered Converse with rainbow laces, so what do I know?

Tenkaykev

Guru
To make money. Personally? I wouldn't consider cutting about in shan cricket kit particularly stylish, but then I'm wearing a Freida Kahlo shirt, a pair of zebra print trousers and knackered Converse with rainbow laces, so what do I know?

Now that is style 😎

AndyRM

XOXO
Well, I think you've answered that by stating what you're wearing, before asking the question.:whistle:

Thing with clothes is, in my opinion, nobody really cares.

You dress like a cricketer for whatever reason, have fun with it.

I'll dress in my zebra nonsense and have fun with that too.

And I wasn't asking a question - I did a fashion module at college, I know what I'm on about.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Thing with clothes is, in my opinion, nobody really cares.

You dress like a cricketer for whatever reason, have fun with it.

I'll dress in my zebra nonsense and have fun with that too.

And I wasn't asking a question - I did a fashion module at college, I know what I'm on about.

It's interesting when you find out people's perceptions of you. I recently dyed my hair, leading someone at work to say that they didn't think I was the type of person to do that. It's weird because I've worked with them closely and known them pretty well for about fifteen years but if they knew me like I know myself they would realise that I'm exactly the sort of person to do that.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'll agree with you on that one. Looking round, as I do all the time, they just do not care what they wear...and it shows!!

I wear what I feel like wearing. I have no need to stand out from the 'riff raff', which when you phrase it that way is just snobbery in my opinion.

And I still don't get why you'd wear cricket whites when you're not playing cricket.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's interesting when you find out people's perceptions of you. I recently dyed my hair, leading someone at work to say that they didn't think I was the type of person to do that. It's weird because I've worked with them closely and known them pretty well for about fifteen years but if they knew me like I know myself they would realise that I'm exactly the sort of person to do that.

When I had hair (on top of my head) I dyed it all sorts of colours. It was loads of fun! There was an unfortunate time when I had a red mohawk, which I thought looked pretty cool. And then one of my pub based acquaintances came up to me and said, "You know you look like a rooster?"

Fair point. Well made.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wear what I feel like wearing. I have no need to stand out from the 'riff raff', which when you phrase it that way is just snobbery in my opinion.

And I still don't get why you'd wear cricket whites when you're not playing cricket.
I took the words used by my favourite ventriloquist dummy, when many years ago 'he' said "I'm wearing a blazer dear boy to help me stand out from the riff raff", to use in this thread's title. 🧐 When you see someone acting, as in films, tv or on stage do you believe every word they say?

1660361329502.png

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
“ When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple. “

😎

Top Bottom