Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As opposed to a poncy pair of Sunny D coloured cords which make a weird noise when you walk :laugh:?

Sadly no longer going, but makes me think of this site:

http://lookatmyfarkingredtrousers.blogspot.com/

(Fix the swear as required...)

Yes, I suppose I'm going to get some "who the feck is he" type looks and even comments around here, but am I bothered what the 'trackie bottom, hoodie and baseball cap brigade think?! :rolleyes: The more i can distance myself from such types, the better!!🧐 Are these cords that 'look at me!!' I ask?🤔 To me they seem pretty tame compared to the red moleskin trousers I bought the other week!

1664200179445.png

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes, I suppose I'm going to get some "who the feck is he" type looks and even comments around here, but am I bothered what the 'trackie bottom, hoodie and baseball cap brigade think?! :rolleyes: The more i can distance myself from such types, the better!!🧐 Are these cords that 'look at me!!' I ask?🤔 To me they seem pretty tame compared to the red moleskin trousers i bought the other week!

View attachment 662453

I like the colour, but with brown shoes and a block top? Probably a wrong'un.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mmm, is the top black, or a very dark navy blue?🤔 Sometimes the darkest navy looks black to me.

Many years ago I came back from a shopping expedition with a pair of black jeans. Mrs Tenkaykev pointed out that they were actually a very dark blue. I asked at what exact point in the frequency spectrum does the blue / black transition take place. She couldn't provide an answer. Colour perception is strange, some people can perceive subtle differences that others can't. Some cultures don't use the label " Orange " they use " light red ". In other cultures what we know as blue and " light blue " are labelled as two distinct colours much as we do red / orange. Then of course there's different shades of black, and of course theres forty shades of green 😉

winjim

Smash the cistern
Buy both, as time is running out!🧐

It's alright, we've got until 5 Nov to get them on the Guy and cast into the inferno where they belong.

Saying that, I do have a pair of orange cargo trousers which are wearing out and need retiring really. It's a shame, they were great for parties. You could fit four cans of beer in the pockets with enough space left over for baccy, rizlas and sundries. Plus they were sturdy enough for tramping through woods and falling asleep in random ditches.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Many years ago I came back from a shopping expedition with a pair of black jeans. Mrs Tenkaykev pointed out that they were actually a very dark blue. I asked at what exact point in the frequency spectrum does the blue / black transition take place. She couldn't provide an answer. Colour perception is strange, some people can perceive subtle differences that others can't. Some cultures don't use the label " Orange " they use " light red ". In other cultures what we know as blue and " light blue " are labelled as two distinct colours much as we do red / orange. Then of course there's different shades of black, and of course theres forty shades of green 😉

There are many shades of navy blue as well. I used to buy surplus yarn from a merchant who dealt in the left over stuff from large knitwear manufacturers and woollen mills.The quantities were variable tho' we could usually cope but had to be careful when changing yarn cones that they were the same batch for the garment being produced at that time. If it was the last cone then it had to be removed and a new cone from a larger batch put in.
All such left over yarn was knitted up into "jazz" garments or hats so nothing was wasted.
Navy was our best selling shade.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's alright, we've got until 5 Nov to get them on the Guy and cast into the inferno where they belong.

Saying that, I do have a pair of orange cargo trousers which are wearing out and need retiring really. It's a shame, they were great for parties. You could fit four cans of beer in the pockets with enough space left over for baccy, rizlas and sundries. Plus they were sturdy enough for tramping through woods and falling asleep in random ditches.
Cargo pants are probably more your 'style' than fine quality Cordings trousers.🧐

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think now that I borrowed them from the retro clothing shop I work in, to 'test wear' them. I must've taken them back soon after. Ah well, it'll come to me, but not if I overthink it.🤔

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I could easily wear purple pants.They'd be a bit hard to match though. I'm trying to think, but I'm sure I had a pair of purple pants the other year.🤔 I think I gave them away as they were so hard to match and just did not go with tweeds!

You're in luck as Hoggs have seemingly stopped doing the purple ones

Top Bottom