Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Now that's interesting. 'The real thing'? What, a label?

Cordings sell quality attire. Not fake crap thrown together in a sweat shop!🧐

winjim

Smash the cistern

winjim

Smash the cistern
I can't believe someone of your age could say that, Rob Halford is a rock god.

The first metal/rock star to come out as openly gay if I'm not mistaken.

Hang on, Rob Halford's gay? Not this Rob Halford? I don't believe it.

200928-judas-priest-rob-halford-mn-1500.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I personally don't associate 'ethical' with 'country sports'.
I'm not a 'fan' of country sports. In fact I'm anti hunt/cruel sports and anti vivisectionist.:angel: Yes, I wear what some see as hunting/shooting clothing, but tweed was mostly worn by working class people up till around the 1970's. Tweed was the 'Dickies workwear' of its day. Coal miners, navvies, cotton mill workers, farm labourers, builders etc etc wore tweed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I wasn't talking about sweat shops though. I was talking about people I actually know who could make better quality stuff, but wouldn't take your eyes out for it because it doesn't have a label.
I must admit that the 'label' albeit worn on the inside, not the outside is an attraction. Would I wear trousers half the Cordings price, 'made as well' (though I doubt it) by an unknown brand/maker? 🤔 I would, but I do like to put things in my 'basket', take them out, decide on another colour, choose an inside seam half an inch less, etc etc. Then I wait for the arrival, which is always so well packaged I feel bad tearing open the box and the paper, covering the item. I wouldn't get the same feeling buying a cheaper option.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I must admit that the 'label' albeit worn on the inside, not the outside is an attraction. Would I wear trousers half the Cordings price, 'made as well' (though I doubt it) by an unknown brand/maker? 🤔 I would, but I do like to put things in my 'basket', take them out, decide on another colour, choose an inside seam half an inch less, etc etc. Then I wait for the arrival, which is always so well packaged I feel bad tearing open the box and the paper, covering the item. I wouldn't get the same feeling buying a cheaper option.

That's legitimate, I'd say. Part of clothing style is how it makes you feel. If you enjoy that bit of ritual, you'll feel better in the clothes and probably hold yourself better and look better for it. I think especially if you're wearing something that's a bit different and stands out, confidence is the key.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The Cordings do look a bit reassuring expensive. Not a big cord fan so have never dabbled.

I did look at Spoke's chino's as i like a number of cyclists have large thighs and arse. they are also reassuring expensive, but rarely have stock in all their fabled multitude of sizes and fit. for anyone tempted I would recommend Tyrwhitt's who do the same, with plenty of stock, just as good quality and a far better price.

Given the weather has turn colder this week, is it time to bring out the waistcoats for dapper office attire??

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm not a 'fan' of country sports. In fact I'm anti hunt/cruel sports and anti vivisectionist.:angel: Yes, I wear what some see as hunting/shooting clothing, but tweed was mostly worn by working class people up till around the 1970's. Tweed was the 'Dickies workwear' of its day. Coal miners, navvies, cotton mill workers, farm labourers, builders etc etc wore tweed.

My Grandad, very much a working man (builder and very small scale farmer), always wore heavy duty brown courduroy farmer's trousers and a tweed jacket. If it was good enough for him ...

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My Grandad, very much a working man (builder and very small scale farmer), always wore heavy duty brown courduroy farmer's trousers and a tweed jacket. If it was good enough for him ...

My dad was a coach-builder for his whole 49 years working life. He made and fitted the wooden frames for buses and other things. I never saw him go to work without a collar and tie, though he did say that on very hot days he'd loosen his tie. He said a tight tie kept wood chippings and sawdust from going down his shirt.

Top Bottom