Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
If you are slightly daring you could go for the cords in lemon, but such a colour in my opinion would be more suited to spring and summer, not autumn and winter and with them being quite heavy and thick could you wear such trousers in the warmer months? Even 'thin' cords are too warm for me in the warmer months.🤔

View attachment 662450

Specification​

• 100% Cotton
  • Woven for us by Brisbane Moss
  • 8 wale
  • Weight: 17oz | 520 gsm

https://www.cordings.co.uk/lemon-yellow-corduroy-trousers.html
I have a pair of Cordings cords in lemon. They’re fantastic, and I’ve only once been asked if I’m wearing them for a bet (by a fellow clad mainly in beige man-made fibres).

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have a pair of Cordings cords in lemon. They’re fantastic, and I’ve only once been asked if I’m wearing them for a bet (by a fellow clad mainly in beige man-made fibres).

I would wear such a colour, but maybe not in autumn and winter.🤔

I wore my bottle green Marks & Spencer cords while out today. They've served me well, seeing as they were only £16, albeit in a sale offer. I'm looking forward to my Cordings cords arriving. The Cordings moleskin trousers I bought the other week were dispatched and arrived in just over a day, but these cords are talking their time getting here. I'm thinking many have taken Cordings up on their autumn trouser offer and they have many pairs of pants that need the legs sewing to requested lengths, hence the delay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The cords arrived yesterday. I wore the 'cinnamon' ones on my shopping trip. I received a few friendly looks and one nice comment. :okay:

1665022233000.png

1665022281210.png

1665022334544.png

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I went through a cords phase in my 30s, when I was busy fathering and bringing up children, and had a new job which sort of demanded that I dress smartly... I was training people every day, and had to make a good impression on them. I had three pairs from M&S in different colours (green, blue, brown). I pretty much exclusively wore those to work, only occasionally choosing different trousers. I kept this up for quite a while, till I heard one of the trainees whispering to another "always bloomin' cords!" to another as I entered the room :laugh::laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
I went through a cords phase in my 30s, when I was busy fathering and bringing up children, and had a new job which sort of demanded that I dress smartly... I was training people every day, and had to make a good impression on them. I had three pairs from M&S in different colours (green, blue, brown). I pretty much exclusively wore those to work, only occasionally choosing different trousers. I kept this up for quite a while, till I heard one of the trainees whispering to another "always bloomin' cords!" to another as I entered the room :laugh::laugh:

"Sort of demanded"?

So... you wear a smart pair of strides and a Napalm Death t-shirt? Grow a mullet with business at the front and the party at the back?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
"Sort of demanded"?

So... you wear a smart pair of strides and a Napalm Death t-shirt? Grow a mullet with business at the front and the party at the back?

Lolz ... you were expected to dress smartly, but it wasn't written down anywhere ... people just did, but it wasn't in your contract or anything ... smart/casual I mean, not suits and ties ^_^

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I would've thought/said out loudly "Mmm, what colour cords shall I buy next"🤔, or something similar when they were in hearing distance.;)

Lolz ... the person who said it actually ended up getting a job there, and we became colleagues and friends, though he was mortified when I told him, subsequently (about a year later) that I'd heard his comment :laugh::laugh::laugh:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I am a bit disappointed that Levi seem to have discontinued their corduroy carpenter trousers that I'm wearing right now. I doubt that many carpenters actually wear corduroy on the grounds that it probably attracts sawdust like nobody's business, but they're a well fitting, cosy practical trouser for a busy parent in cold weather.

Totally smart casual, the look of a cord with a tapered cut and the practicality of a cargo trouser but no big bellows pockets. I love 'em.

Top Bottom