Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chap sur le velo

Ɯber Member

Starts off calling them Costs and then slips in Jackets.

How does the well dressed man stand on this?

I've been told, Jackets are for donkeys!

Gwylan

Veteran
My Brook Taverner catalogue arrived yesterday. I really should cancel it as I haven't bought anything off them for 2 years or so. Anyway, it seems that 'cinnamon' , turmeric, terracotta or whatever you see it called is 'in fashion' this autumn/winter.šŸ¤”

View attachment 663835

Oh, dahling! Cinnamon is so now, after all that turmeric for the last few seasons.
I have a pair of BT trousers in the wardrobe. Very nice too, too good for everyday though

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I could easily wear this one!:wub: It'd be hard to find such a fine blazer online that'd fit me. I walk in charity shops just hoping someone has donated a striped blazer like the one below. So far I've only found one, but I must be due another bit of luck soon!
rowing-blazer-jpg.jpg

As for this one, It's even too 'deckchair(ish)' for me!!:ohmy:

jack-carlson-2-jpg.jpg

As for this one, it's the first time I've seen a matching boating blazer and waistcoat! :rolleyes: Mmmm, that waistcoat is too short as in you can see his belt, which isn't right and those crumpled chinos just do not go! Also that hand in pockets, 'couldn't give a toss' stance isn't very fetching!! šŸ§ :thumbsdown:

Kingston-Rowing-Blazer-1.jpg

Would I wear the above blazer? šŸ¤” I dare anyone to wear it when on holiday in such a place as Butlins or Pontins!! You'd be getting stopped every 5 minutes, being asked "What act's on stage tonight"?! :whistle:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
View attachment 688893

Would I wear the above blazer? šŸ¤” I dare anyone to wear it when on holiday in such a place as Butlins or Pontins!! You'd be getting stopped every 5 minutes, being asked "What act's on stage tonight"?! :whistle:

Looks like the pranksters at the Rowing Club have filled his trouser pockets with glue again, the rascals.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Donā€™t forget renowned Dandy & Poppingjay

At the risk of being pedantic, wasn't
the "dandy" look as invented by Beau Brummel one of understated elegance, and very much a reaction against the overly fussy perriwigged "popinjay" look previously in fashion ergo you can't be both

That said, maybe our Accie does get carried away sometimes, before returning to classy tweeds which doubtless old Beau would approve of. Maybe it is dandy and popinjay, but not at the same time !

DRM

Guru
At the risk of being pedantic, wasn't
the "dandy" look as invented by Beau Brummel one of understated elegance, and very much a reaction against the overly fussy perriwigged "popinjay" look previously in fashion ergo you can't be both

That said, maybe our Accie does get carried away sometimes, before returning to classy tweeds which doubtless old Beau would approve of. Maybe it is dandy and popinjay, but not at the same time !

depends how he feels on the day/desired look at the time

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Snooker loopy nuts are we
Me and him and them and me
We'll show you what we can do
With a load of balls and a snooker cue
Pot the reds then screw it back
For the yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and black
Snooker loopy nuts are we
We're all snooker loopy

:crazy:

Good observation! :okay: Yes, all the coloured balls are in that blazer!!

Top Bottom