Spring and summer boating type striped blazer to make me stand out from the riff raff...help me decide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
You might not get attacked, but you will get called “Batman”.

Or Batty for short?:whistle:

winjim

Smash the cistern
It would look stupid. Unless you're into cosplay or steampunk or whatever, spending £850 on that wannabe Sherlock Holmes get up is absolute nonsense.

Agreed. It's costume. But isn't all of this?

I thought I'd just bought an expensive coat but it's not nearly that expensive. I am in favour of paying a fair price for a good, well made, ethical product but I'm struggling to see what could make it that price, beyond a simple poshness premium. Small scale I guess, they can't have that much demand.

AndyRM

XOXO
Agreed. It's costume. But isn't all of this?

I thought I'd just bought an expensive coat but it's not nearly that expensive. I am in favour of paying a fair price for a good, well made, ethical product but I'm struggling to see what could make it that price, beyond a simple poshness premium. Small scale I guess, they can't have that much demand.

The thread title alone gives it away IMO. I know people who could make anything on this thread for a quarter of the price, using the same materials, or better. But it wouldn't have the cachet of the right label.

Absolutely Fabulous, which I love, has this nailed.

Now that's not a go at our dandy correspondent, if that's your thing, that's your thing. Personally I'm cool looking like a washed up version of Rob Halford.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The thread title alone gives it away IMO. I know people who could make anything on this thread for a quarter of the price, using the same materials, or better. But it wouldn't have the cachet of the right label.

Absolutely Fabulous, which I love, has this nailed.

Now that's not a go at our dandy correspondent, if that's your thing, that's your thing. Personally I'm cool looking like a washed up version of Rob Halford.

TBF Rob Halford looks cooler now than he ever did BITD.

I've worn some outfits in my time mind you...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Er, who is Rob Halford?🤔

6GBs3bed3KaSGjhTsAxWJA-970-80.jpg.webp

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know people who could make anything on this thread for a quarter of the price, using the same materials, or better. But it wouldn't have the cachet of the right label.
They probably could, but I doubt they'd be the same quality. The Cordings moleskin trousers I bought for £130 are so well made. Heavy quality cloth, good sewing, thick/deep pockets, mother of pearl buttons etc make them as they say probably the best available. I've worn Marks & Spencer cords costing around £30. They were/are good but they are thinner material, the buttons aren't sewn on so well and the pockets are quite flimsy.

AndyRM

XOXO
They probably could, but I doubt they'd be the same quality. The Cordings moleskin trousers I bought for £130 are so well made. Heavy quality cloth, good sewing, thick/deep pockets, mother of pearl buttons etc make them as they say probably the best available. I've worn Marks & Spencer cords costing around £30. They were/are good but they are thinner material, the buttons aren't sewn on so well and the pockets are quite flimsy.

You'd be wrong there.

But hey ho, keep dressing up as a country gent if it takes your fancy.

Top Bottom