Spring Classics 2016 discussion & commentary ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I noticed that a whole group in the women's race got disqualified for ducking under the train crossing barriers as they were closing, including Bronzini and my pick, Moolman. Must have been frustrating for them, they were just about the catch the lead group. But those are the rules and they've been made much clearer this year.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I was watching the Tirreno-Adriatico earlier, followed by highlights of Paris-Nice, then had to go out, so have only just seen the results of the Ronde Van Drenthe... wot no Lizzie?

DNF, apparently.

Chantal Blaak won, Gracie Elvin came second, followed by Trixi Worrack and Anna Van Der Breggen, who is now overall leader in the Women's Tour. And @Flying_Monkey's favourite Floortje Mackaij was 7th.

Detailed report, including some great pics, here: http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/on-t...s-dolmans-takes-another-womens-worldtour-win/

Migraine

upload_2016-3-12_23-13-17.png

Just watched the Belgian Nokere Koerse there, and pretty good viewing to, hard racing and big efforts and attacks, guessing no radios ... Strong work by Scott Thwaites of Bora-Argon18 but the final wee cobbled ramp did it for him and many others. Good to see the Pro-Conti teams laying it down against the WT guys.

Just watched the Belgian Nokere Koerse there, and pretty good viewing to, hard racing and big efforts and attacks, guessing no radios ... Strong work by Scott Thwaites of Bora-Argon18 but the final wee cobbled ramp did it for him and many others. Good to see the Pro-Conti teams laying it down against the WT guys.
It was pretty good, I watched it live on my mobile phone and it broke the monotony of the seminar I was supposed to be paying attention to.

lyn1

Über Member

Pity, as he was strong and is good on uphill sprints, but the team took it up too far early given they only had 2 lead out men. He was exposed at the front with his lead outs gone and they had not even reached the base of the climb. The team seem to struggle to get enough men into the lead outs.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Dwars Door Vlaanderen is going ahead on Wednesday despite the terrorist attacks in Brussels. Good on 'em.
A postscript: Giant-Alpecin have withdrawn from the race. They were due to field an under-strength team (six instead of eight) and three of the six have had trouble travelling into Belgium due to the attacks. A few other teams are sending reduced squads; Movistar have only four riders competing. Further, organisers have stated there will be a minute's silence from the peloton at the start, and there will be no podium ceremony after. It's going to be a sombre and emotional affair.

Top Bottom