Spring Classics 2016 discussion & commentary ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My daughter is riding the women's event (and the Tour of Flanders). Going to be a tough day for her. Wish her luck, please! And I can't see me doing much work, I'll be glued to twitter for a few hours.

PS two women's teams have pulled out. Hitec for logistics reasons, I think, and Park Hotel out of respect.
Good luck to her and helping to maintain a sense of normality.

The Couch

Über Member
Gatto - after years off obscurity - looking strongest in DdV together with Devenyns
Unless the peloton gets organized, it seems to me it will the group that is now ahead (after the Paterberg) that will have a shot at going for the win

The Couch

Über Member
At about 10K from the finish regroup (with another very big peloton close behind)
Van Avermaet is going to test him on Nokereberg

I sat and watched the race (Dwars door Vlaanderen) today and it was only afterwards I realized Sky were not in it. Not that I'm bothered, but missing the first race of the Vlaamse Wielerweek, even if a 'semi-classic' , poor show. Must not have proper spring classic aspirations.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I sat and watched the race (Dwars door Vlaanderen) today and it was only afterwards I realized Sky were not in it. Not that I'm bothered, but missing the first race of the Vlaamse Wielerweek, even if a 'semi-classic' , poor show. Must not have proper spring classic aspirations.
They participated in Handzame Classic and Nokere Koerse. Looks like they've got a full card this weekend with Volta a Catalunya, E3, Gent-Wevelgem and Coppi e Bartali. Some things have to give, I guess.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

Here's your full list of the 8 out of 19 WT teams not present at DDV today:
Astana
Cannondale
Dimension Data
FDJ
Lampre-Merida
Giant-Alpecin
Team Sky
Trek-Segafredo

Top Bottom