Spring in Rutland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know I've only ever done one ride, but I promise you that the goverment are to blame for that, making me work shifts! I did clock this post but unfortunately am working a 5pm to 3am on the Saturday and nights on the Sunday :sad:

I know I've only ever done one ride, but I promise you that the goverment are to blame for that, making me work shifts! I did clock this post but unfortunately am working a 5pm to 3am on the Saturday and nights on the Sunday :sad:
I know, another member of your fraternity, @Vikeonabike, who is actually a figment of my imagination but nevertheless seems to work all the time, at least we have had the pleasure of your company. just need to somehow convince folk that we really do have great cycling country here, and that it is a social ride, no one gets dropped, no one is made to feel slow plus everyone gets a free laugh at me and dr_pink spinning like demons on the downhills.

I know, another member of your fraternity, @Vikeonabike, who is actually a figment of my imagination but nevertheless seems to work all the time, at least we have had the pleasure of your company. just need to somehow convince folk that we really do have great cycling country here, and that it is a social ride, no one gets dropped, no one is made to feel slow plus everyone gets a free laugh at me and dr_pink spinning like demons on the downhills.

When I came it was just you spinning - dr_pink was on her expensive bike :smile:

I can confirm to anyone worried that no one needs worry about being too slow for one of totallyfixed 's rides - is a social outing not a race.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Would you mind if I tagged along and slowed you all down?

For various reasons, including but not limited to laziness, I have a very low mileage so far this year, and no ride more than ~25 miles! I'll try and get a ride or two in this next week to see how it goes.

I never got around to baking the experimental lavender shortbread, which explains why you didn't get any in the run-up to Christmas - honestly, if I'd made any, I would have shared it / given it all to you, depending on how it tasted. I hereby solemnly promise to make some (and maybe a backup batch of unpolluted standard issue) and bring some along; not much room in my seatpack, so may need to break out my Rosebikes lightweight rucksack! Yeah, quite useful for a freebie, isn't it?

Reactions: 4F
Would you mind if I tagged along and slowed you all down?

For various reasons, including but not limited to laziness, I have a very low mileage so far this year, and no ride more than ~25 miles! I'll try and get a ride or two in this next week to see how it goes.

I never got around to baking the experimental lavender shortbread, which explains why you didn't get any in the run-up to Christmas - honestly, if I'd made any, I would have shared it / given it all to you, depending on how it tasted. I hereby solemnly promise to make some (and maybe a backup batch of unpolluted standard issue) and bring some along; not much room in my seatpack, so may need to break out my Rosebikes lightweight rucksack! Yeah, quite useful for a freebie, isn't it?
Long time no see or hear! Brilliant, dr_pink will be pleased, you can leave the backpack at ours, with the contents of course.
I am now a definite for the ride .looking toward to it. Just need a definite start time at Oakham station?
Oops, yes forgot to say, we usually aim for a 9.30 start, east side of Oakham station, plenty of free parking.

Riders:
Moi
dr_pink
@4F
@Poacher
@13 rider
@mikeee

Possibles
@PeteXXX
@berty bassett

Plus at least one extra female

Quite possibly 10 of us if the weather holds, we ride anyway barring high winds and rain.

Sorry TF won't be able to make this, being a gormless twat I went flying last week and farked my knee along with tearing my calf muscle :sad:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I won't know for absolute certain until tomorrow, but as it stands, I doubt I'll be finished w*rk until stupid o'clock.
If it's OK, I'll post a yea or nay here tomorrow afternoon.
Fingers crossed!

Top Bottom