Spring Into The Dales 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
And now the bad news***... I'm definitely not 100% well. My nose was blocked this morning when I woke up and my chest was wheezy. My legs were a bit wobbly last night. (No, that wasn't due to beer intake! ;))

Not guilty.

potsy

Rambler
Colin are you sure you're not feeling a bit weird due to waking up sober for a change? :whistle:
Hope you are well for tomorrow, would be such a shame for you to miss this.

And you are chief navigator, hope nobody is relying on me to lead the way :ohmy: we'd end up in Blackpool again :biggrin:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Colin are you sure you're not feeling a bit weird due to waking up sober for a change? :whistle:
Hope you are well for tomorrow, would be such a shame for you to miss this.
And you are chief navigator, hope nobody is relying on me to lead the way :ohmy: we'd end up in Blackpool again :biggrin:
Er, I woke up sober, but I didn't go to bed sober! I meant the wobbly legs came before the beer intake! ;)

Don't worry about the navigation - tubbycyclist Kevin will be with you and he won't get lost.

I need to go offline and fix that bike or the question of my participation will be decided by a lack of a sensibly-geared bicycle!

I'll report back later once the bike and ColinJ test has been performed.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Setting off at 6am,it's going to be a long day !:ohmy:

Svendo

Guru
I've entered online, so I'll get ready after my pasta. Looked at last years data, and I was back about ten past two. Not sure I'm as fast this year. Weather looks like it'll be good, wind not as bad as today either. For some reason Metcheck has the temperature about 8 degrees lower than all the other sites (metoffice, ukweather and XCweather).

ColinJ, I hope you're feeling well enough to take part tomorrow - it would be so unfair if you were to miss it after all the encouragement you've been giving to us to take part. :unsure:

Looking forward tomorrow to meeting CCers I've already met and those I've still to meet. Early night possible, early morning essential. Sleep well, everyone!:tired:

zacklaws

Guru
Likewise, I'm setting off at 0600, hopefully get there about 0730, usually I get lost in Hebden Bridge and can never find this market place car park.

potsy

Rambler
Right, better get a few hours kip :tired:
See you all tomorra (hopefully Colin too)

Edit- Shame you're not going to make it Colin, probably a wise decision if you are not 100%

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How did the test conclude then colin?
It ended up taking me ages to put my bike back together so I didn't get the chance to test ride it.

I'm sorry lads, but I've decided to be sensible and not do the ride! I always find SITD hard even when I'm not ill and I think I'd end up in difficulties if I attempt it feeling as wobbly as I do at the moment. :sad:

My pulse rate is elevated just sitting at the PC and it went crazy when I tried running upstairs earlier on. It's one of those annoying illnesses where you can almost convince yourself that you are okay when resting, but any exertion soon reminds you how frail you feel.

I've just gone through the route. I know it so well that I can recall the effort required on each climb just by looking at it on the map. I suddenly realised how daft it was for me to even contemplate doing the ride tomorrow.

I'm really disappointed because it should be a very special ride. Make sure you take lots of photos to make me jealous. Have a great day!

I'll go out and ride the route on the first sunny day I get when I'm feeling well again.

I might just go for a walk instead. It seems a shame to waste a sunny day.

Top Bottom