England : West Yorkshire Spring Into the Dales 21st April 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Many people do, but it would be good to email the organiser beforehand to let him know you are coming. Contact chris.crossland (AT) halifaxctc.org.uk.
Cheers Colin.How are you keeping ??

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cheers Colin.How are you keeping ??
I'm a bit nervous because I am just losing the protection of Warfarin. It takes a few days to clear the body and Wednesday was my last dose so I am at maximum risk of reclotting now but that risk recedes with time if I avoid risk factors. I am wiggling my feet about now as I type to keep the blood flowing in my legs! Full details over in the GWS thread.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm a bit nervous because I am just losing the protection of Warfarin. It takes a few days to clear the body and Wednesday was my last dose so I am at maximum risk of reclotting now but that risk recedes with time if I avoid risk factors. I am wiggling my feet about now as I type to keep the blood flowing in my legs! Full details over in the GWS thread.
Take it easy and i look forward when we can all play out again.I'm stuck racing through assignments at the moment so time is not on my side :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So what do we think the chances are of the weather picking up before the SITD
I don't like to tell you this, but ...

... despite some of the wonderfully sunny editions of SITD recently, I have done it a couple of times in grotty cold conditions, and on one of those, Pendle Hill and the big hills in the Dales were all still snow-capped! :cold:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I don't like to tell you this, but ...
... despite some of the wonderfully sunny editions of SITD recently, I have done it a couple of times in grotty cold conditions, and on one of those, Pendle Hill and the big hills in the Dales were all still snow-capped! :cold:

Well I have to say if it is anything like this there is not a cat in hells chance of me turning out.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Well I have to say if it is anything like this there is not a cat in hells chance of me turning out.
Me neither, I did an adapted version of the SITD for my Feb century a month ride....it wasn't fun in the cold. If its nice I'll participate.....cold, wet, windy, snow.....forget it!

OP
OP
tubbycyclist

tubbycyclist

Hopefully Spring will have arrived as suggested by the ride title. The Calderdale CTC club run had to walk a small section of the route on Easter Sunday as there was still enough drifting snow to make it unrideable.

I am sure all this will be a distant memory in a couple of weeks as we cruise round in shorts, and get burnt because of forgotten sun block :-)

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Struggling at the moment, chest infection and a head cold that lesser men would die from , so not been on the bike for week now , i think i will the last one back without any shadow of a doubt.

I have got to get out sometime and get some proper miles into my legs, so hoping the weather will at least be dry and above freezing

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Through moving house , illness and going on holiday next week I have done pretty much no riding on the bike for two months now, so going to give this one a miss, I am still awaiting the anti biotic to clear this chest infection up.

Top Bottom