England : London Spring time drinks 1st April, Butcher's Hook & Cleaver, Smithfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There are so many threads this could go on.....

IMG_20160401_203015131.jpg

IMG_20160401_200635678.jpg

Yes, the second one is mine.

Chicken and chorizo (best bit was the butter beans), veggie (A1) and steak and ESB. Really good pastry, and great beer to go with them.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Most excellent evening to top off an excellent day. Pie scored 10/10. Thanks all!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Unfortunately my chain snapped while i was half way home. Backwheel is half seized up and i have a nasty gash on my face and hands shifters are a little bent but help is on its way.

I ended up in the most horrendous faceplant onto the tarmac ever

U

User10571

I dont have any tree oil and im stuck in a dodgy part of London waiting for a ride. My new giro helmet is absolutely fooked. The left side took most of force of the impact
All of that sounds most unfortunate. I hope that International Rescue arrives soon.
Errr... How's the bike?
Lovely to see some friends I've not seen in too long a while.
Thanks Mmmmmmmartin for your company during the 24 inch/gear trapse to LBG.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User10571

Myself, Gordon and Racing roadkill last to leave. Thanks all for a marvellous night. Now trying to navigate the trains thru south London to south east. Top nIght. Cheers all.
G'luck with that - It'll be the Vomit Comet at this time of night, for you. Methinks.
Good to see you!

Unfortunately my chain snapped while i was half way home. Backwheel is half seized up and i have a nasty gash on my face and hands shifters are a little bent but help is on its way.

I feel your pain, I was a millimetre from that fate earlier. Hope it works out for you.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
excellent evening.

As Vernon was about three times the size of some of us, I felt it only appropriate to have three pies. And three beers with them. Very nice.

Pub was very noisy as it is rightly popular, but it was noisy. A fun night though.

Excellent to chat to User10571 OTP on the way back to London Bridge.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

Urk. Unlike. GWS.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I dont see how it could have snapped - The bike was serviced not long ago. I told them that i didnt trust the chain as it had quite a bit of rust on in but they insisted that it still had a lot of life still left in it.

I clean and lube the chain regular'ish. Anyhoo, bike will be straight out to the LBS tomorrow for repairs as I cant go to work in this state.

fingers crossed I'll be fit enough for the coming SLR - Ive still got my Hybrid as back up. A heavy lass with a chain that loves to come off!

StuartG

slower but further
Good night, excellent company, decent beer and pie eating as an unexpected spectator sport.

Just to confirm @StuAff we have your jumper. Will bring it on the Whitstable ride unless you want to pm me other arrangements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom