Square sleeping bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I'd like a recommendation for a 3 season square sleeping bag, I can't get on with my mummy-type, I'm a sleep wriggler. It'll only see UK winters nothing severe.

I saw one a while ago on a place selling the glert extreme 1000 mummy bag. It was a kg and 3 season I think but um... I can't remember the name of it ;) sorry.

btw I know how you feel. I don't like mummy sleeping bags either. I find I still get a reasonable amount of leg room but feel quite claustrophobic when I zip the thing up properly.

smeg

MarkF said:
I'd like a recommendation for a 3 season square sleeping bag, I can't get on with my mummy-type, I'm a sleep wriggler. It'll only see UK winters nothing severe.
*only* UK Winters? A 3 season bag wont keep you warm in Winter unless you mean when it's mild for the time of year, with a decent 3 season down bag you might just about get away with it. You'll likely find rectangular bags are not up to much because they're for caravanning. Mummy shaped bags are more efficient in keeping you warm, less weight & bulk. If you weren't looking for something other than a mummy bag I'd recommend an Alpkit down bag for best price/warmth ratio: http://www.alpkit.com/pipedream/

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Buggers! Yeah, rectangular then:biggrin:

I have a mummy sleeping bag and keep waking up, I have a recurring dream that I am stuck in a metal cylindrical pipe, wedged fast at the shoulders, I don't like it.;)

I don't want a tapered anything, I want something that I can wriggle about in.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
MarkF said:
Buggers! Yeah, rectangular then:biggrin:

I have a mummy sleeping bag and keep waking up, I have a recurring dream that I am stuck in a metal cylindrical pipe, wedged fast at the shoulders, I don't like it.;)

I don't want a tapered anything, I want something that I can wriggle about in.

It's 50 years since I wriggled in my mummy...that came out wrong, as the midwife said.

Velorum

My problem with sleeping bags is that unless its very cold I dont like my feet being covered - adapting the zips so that a gap can be left at the bottom when the rest is zipped up is a real nuisance.

:blush:

P.H

Über Member
There's a few options for camping quilts which can be used as rectangle sleeping bags. Not cheap! but decent value if you use them enough;
http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Large Family.htm

One of these with an insulated airbed with a fitted sheet and I sleep as well as I do at home. It's pretty light and all fits in a front pannier with room to spare.

Top Bottom