Squat rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Looking for a decent squat rack and was wondering what others are using and if there's anything anyone would like to recommend.

This seems to tick all my boxes: MIRAFIT M130 ADJUSTABLE SQUAT & BENCH PRESS RACK

Looks like a decent enough, stable construction, fair level of adjustments, solid spotters, small footprint, weight capacity of over 200kg so way more than I'll need. Pricing is nice - even for a new one.

CXRAndy

Guru
Fairly priced and anything that will hold the weight with either bench press or squat exercises is a must when solo training :okay:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Many years ago, in one of my hard up phases, I build a version using CLS timber for about £25. Looked virtually the same as that one. No idea what they weight limit was but I never had an issue with it. Nothing to do with anything but thought I'd share a story, I'll go now.:hello:

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
The current World and European strongest men are Mirafit athletes, so good enough!
OK, didn't realise it's a known brand. Not following strength athletes really - used to in the 'Pudzianowski era' :training:

I was actually looking through used ones on Gumtree and it popped up as an ad - one of those rare occasions where the advertising big brother might have actually helped.

Fairly priced and anything that will hold the weight with either bench press or squat exercises is a must when solo training :okay:
Exactly - the price is only slightly higher thea what people in my area asking for used stuff - looks like not everyone adjusted to the post-lockdown prices yet.

As for safety - I have a proper bench press but unfortunately it's not adjustable. Also, judging by yesterdays test session with the legs, it looks as though I'll be handling bigger weights then I thought so a weighted vest + dumbbell in each hand doesn't cut it. Don't have any family members that could spot me so need proper piece of kit.

Many years ago, in one of my hard up phases, I build a version using CLS timber for about £25. Looked virtually the same as that one. No idea what they weight limit was but I never had an issue with it. Nothing to do with anything but thought I'd share a story, I'll go now.:hello:
Wish I had this level of confidence in my handiwork :laugh:

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Looking for a decent squat rack and was wondering what others are using and if there's anything anyone would like to recommend.

This seems to tick all my boxes: MIRAFIT M130 ADJUSTABLE SQUAT & BENCH PRESS RACK

Looks like a decent enough, stable construction, fair level of adjustments, solid spotters, small footprint, weight capacity of over 200kg so way more than I'll need. Pricing is nice - even for a new one.

Oh that looks nice, reputable brand anyway. Impressed delivery isn't through the roof as well.

Top Bottom