Squats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Lots of pros spend time in the gym, for all kinds of reasons. Without knowing the purpose of this training, or the weights he is pushing, we don't even know if that qualifies as 'strength' work. My guess it probably doesn't. Do Froome's legs look 'strong' to you?

Have you ever considered a career in politics? ;-)

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Youl
ok - so we must be in agreement :smile:

Ironically though, there are also quotes from Cavendish which state that he does do gym work. That's why it's always a better idea just to stick to the science and the facts.

You'll usually find plenty of science to support whatever hypothesis you wish to prove. Then you have to argue 'my science is better than yours'.

What if you're both right? Six (is it 7 now) billion people on the planet. Perhaps there are no absolutes in what is 'better' when it comes to the human body.

Citius

Sorry, I've no idea what you're talking about. If you think there is anything we've missed in this thread, then feel free to post it.

Andywinds

This is a subject that I am interested in. From what I know squats, lunges, and Hungarian squats etc are used by anyone requiring explosive strength for a short while. These are MTB'ers who require the need to product high power during a race segment and sprint cyclists. Surely climbing is just extreme cardio? can't see that heavy squats involving fast tqitch muscles do much for big hill climbs when they are knackered so quickly!

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Squats will make you a better squatter.
Cycling will make you a better cyclist. .
Although I do generalise a little! :becool:

Drago

Legendary Member
Try it with 260kg across the shoulders!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
just had the same debate on our clubs fb page -

just to say i am in the " squats are not needed camp"

Top Bottom