Squealing brakes please help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
k turner

k turner

thanks dodgy - phoned the shop and moaned like only a woman can. said I am partially disabled, have a very hungry pony because I had to send someone else this morning.

New pads were checked by neighbour he cant stop new pads doing it either.

Shop is now building me another more expensive bike, with normal tyres, aluminium frame and delivering it, as they understand the ongoing problem and that I cant get back to them now!!!

Should be here later. Double the price so I am paying in the difference. Cross all your fingers and toes that this next one doesnt do the same thing. Manager also agreed dont need heavy cross country with fat tyres just for going to pony and shop, so agreed to change it.

OP
OP
k turner

k turner

I put the new pads on, after watching the video about 5 times and pausing it about 500. My neighbour checked them and they were RIGHT ! Fancy that guys.

Anyway it didnt fix the problem so they exchanged the bike for a more expensive, lighter, thinner wheeled "normal" bike.

Which is what I wanted in the first place, so I paid in the difference, they built it and delivered it within two hours.

Got to my destination in 12 mins instead of 35. Got back in 8 instead of 12. Still not fast on the downhills coming home.

Thanks for the assistance. Case closed.

dodgy

Sounds like you've stumbled across a decent shop there, there are many others that will have dropped you like a brick.
Make sure you keep supporting them.

Dave.

OP
OP
k turner

k turner

dodgy - I will keep going there, hopefully not for a long time to come. Just had the worst one of the batch I suppose. At least this one is easier to ride and a lot lighter to get in the front door!

Top Bottom