Squee...we have a tour booked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Okay, so let's manage expectations but we have my son's first proper tour booked for the May Bank Holiday.

Marlborough to Stroud (37 miles), Stroud to Cirencester (20 miles) and Cirencester to Marlborough (35 miles). Premier Inns are currently £30/night so we're all booked up.

I KNOW rules might change and we will of course abide by them....but my word I'm excited to tour again and so excited to tour with my boy!!

That's great news!
No idea how old your son in, but they're very manageable distances.
I'm a huge fan of touring with kids and have met entire families touring with kids of all ages on all kinds of bicycle contraptions.
Have a great trip!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
That's great news!
No idea how old your son in, but they're very manageable distances.
I'm a huge fan of touring with kids and have met entire families touring with kids of all ages on all kinds of bicycle contraptions.
Have a great trip!

Thank you! He's 11 and cycled 35 miles a weekend or so ago. I'm confident he can do it, if fuelled correctly by ice-cream and coca cola. (We eat lentils and quinoa all the time so I have no qualms about fuelling exercise with sugar).

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Fantastic. He’ll remember this tour for many years to come. I still remember my camping and backpacking trips with my dad at that age.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Fantastic, sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

I've gone and bought a Towwhee for when I'm touring with my kids. It's essentially a big bit of bungee but works really well, attaches to the bikes in seconds and provides a moral boost when they are flagging. Also packs small and is really light, so easy to carry on tour.

Best of luck though and I really hope that it goes ahead.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Okay, so let's manage expectations but we have my son's first proper tour booked for the May Bank Holiday.

Marlborough to Stroud (37 miles), Stroud to Cirencester (20 miles) and Cirencester to Marlborough (35 miles). Premier Inns are currently £30/night so we're all booked up.

I KNOW rules might change and we will of course abide by them....but my word I'm excited to tour again and so excited to tour with my boy!!
Brilliant! An account in 'Member's Travelogues' to follow perhaps?

Top Bottom