Sram Etap on Shimano Ultegra Bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MrMe

Given up on SRAM. Apparently I can splice the wires for DI2 and not have to drill the frame. Just for anyone who may read this in the future...

Ajax Bay

Guru
But where will the battery go?

jamin100

Guru
I've done what you're describing (kind of)
I'd already bought 11 speed etap for my bike in the last 18 months. But recently got a new frame. Rather than go back to mechanical or spend more money on Di2 I now have the following.

11 speed etap shifters, F+R mech (rim version)
Dura Ace caliper brakes
Ultegra 11s crankset (after what i'd spent on the frame, there was little cash left for the RED crankset)

Yup its a mish mash, but works perfectly.

OP
OP
M

MrMe

I've done what you're describing (kind of)
I'd already bought 11 speed etap for my bike in the last 18 months. But recently got a new frame. Rather than go back to mechanical or spend more money on Di2 I now have the following.

11 speed etap shifters, F+R mech (rim version)
Dura Ace caliper brakes
Ultegra 11s crankset (after what i'd spent on the frame, there was little cash left for the RED crankset)

Yup its a mish mash, but works perfectly.

Interesting and thank for the reply. So the older Red Etap shifters, 11 speed, with the F&R Mech seems to work well, finding them at a reasonable price however...! Thanks for confirming that would work though, very helpful.

si_c

Guru
Your best option is the old generation of Red etap shifters and levers and keep the rest the same. You can then either offset the cost by selling the old bits on or upgrade your partner's bike.

Top Bottom