Sram NX 11 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grayduff

Über Member
Just bought a Voodoo Bizango,having borrowed a specialized hardrock for a few weeks. hardrock gearing seemed easier up hills, not fully tested new bike yet.Question is what would be the biggest cassette i could fit ,currently 11-42, my little old legs need something bigger , googled sunrace 11-46 or 11-50 would either fit..Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You might need a wolf tooth extender, or far cheaper, a smaller chain ring.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ex roadie myself. Oi, as a roadie you shouldn't be needing the gears.^_^

Its basically an extender that goes on the drop out that you attach the mech to. They apparently work, as it pushes the mech lower down. Although a smaller chain ring might be cheaper.

OP
OP
Grayduff

Grayduff

Über Member
Ex roadie myself. Oi, as a roadie you shouldn't be needing the gears.^_^

Its basically an extender that goes on the drop out that you attach the mech to. They apparently work, as it pushes the mech lower down. Although a smaller chain ring might be cheaper.
Many thanks, the Surrey hills should make me stronger as a roadie

rualexander

Legendary Member
I used a Sunrace 11-46 cassette with Sram NX 11 speed derailleur for a few months on my mountain bike.
It worked ok, but i had a lot of problems with the shifter jamming and eventually put the derailleur into the spokes so gave up on Sram and changed to Shimano shifter and derailleur.
Turned out the inner cable (as fitted by bike supplier) was kinked in various places which must have caused the poor shifting/jamming.
All working smoothly now with Shimano stuff.

OP
OP
Grayduff

Grayduff

Über Member
I used a Sunrace 11-46 cassette with Sram NX 11 speed derailleur for a few months on my mountain bike.
It worked ok, but i had a lot of problems with the shifter jamming and eventually put the derailleur into the spokes so gave up on Sram and changed to Shimano shifter and derailleur.
Turned out the inner cable (as fitted by bike supplier) was kinked in various places which must have caused the poor shifting/jamming.
All working smoothly now with Shimano stuff.

Did you notice much difference between the 42t and the 46t ?

iluvmybike

Über Member
The Bizango has a 1 x11 SRAM long cage RD - that has a stated max capacity of 42T so technically you can't change that - likely you'd never get the b-screw adjusted well enough. If you have the 32t front crankset then you can get a 30t version but that is prob at least £120 or so which would be daft given it's a new bike!

OP
OP
Grayduff

Grayduff

Über Member
The Bizango has a 1 x11 SRAM long cage RD - that has a stated max capacity of 42T so technically you can't change that - likely you'd never get the b-screw adjusted well enough. If you have the 32t front crankset then you can get a 30t version but that is prob at least £120 or so which would be daft given it's a new bike!

I have googled and it seems it can be done with minimal change to b screw

Levo-Lon

Guru
You could fit a longer B screw, it was all i did on my old X0 mech when i fitted a 42 expander cog.
Worked great, but no chance with the original B screw.

other option is as i have now.
4 front chain wheels.
A34-32-30-28 so i just fit whatever i want for a chosen trail.
i like the 28-30 in winter when its heavy going.
34 for dry pack or going to work on tarmac

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grayduff

Grayduff

Über Member
I am being boring i know sorry :-), i do believe the chain set does have a removable spider, according to GOOGLE when sold with a bike they are removable spiders ????, if so i will replace the 32 with a 30t can anybody confirm this at all ?.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I believe the OEM cranksets are not - but you should be able to tell by looking at it - or put a photo here

OP
OP
Grayduff

Grayduff

Über Member

Attachments

• 20181203_083426.jpg
    20181203_083426.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 20181203_083349.jpg
    20181203_083349.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 79