Sram shimano campag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
Ive had a read and cant find the specific answer im after, if i had 500 to spend on a groupset in a few weeks should i go with ultegra 6800 sram rival 22 2015 (shiny bikess looks as if they have it in at a great price is there a catch?) or a campag option for that price point, the bike i am assembling is a tarmac and i want it to be a lightweight climber

Rival seems to have the best gear ratios and is lighter than ultegra apparently

Ultegra seems to be the most common and the one i know best

Campag i am clueless so need a hand

Help please?

mattobrien

Guru
Looking at shiney bikes, I'd spend the extra £80 and get SRAM Force 22. I have got SRAM Red and love it.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Campagnolo at that price, you're looking at Centaur 10sp or Athena 11sp. Add a few quid and you can get Athena in carbon. Only powershift and powertorque compared to the higher end ultrashift and ultratorque unless you shop around for old Athena parts. (Athena was de-specced a couple of years ago so the old shifters and chainsets are actually better)

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
It is largely down to personal preference. They all use slightly different ways of shifting on the levers. The more you pay the lighter it gets, although as you say Sram seems to be lighter than Shimano at the same price point.
I like the double tap changing you get with Sram. I don't mind Shimano but am not as keen on the thumb shifting on Campag. People all have their own preferences though and plenty of my mates race on and swear by Campag.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Campagnolo at that price, you're looking at Centaur 10sp or Athena 11sp. Add a few quid and you can get Athena in carbon. Only powershift and powertorque compared to the higher end ultrashift and ultratorque unless you shop around for old Athena parts. (Athena was de-specced a couple of years ago so the old shifters and chainsets are actually better)
+1. Got Athena in 2010, when it was basically Chorus with more aluminium.

Top Bottom