SRAM twist to trigger conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The sort-of mutant thumbshifters from Byercycles?
They're half way down this page.
Or hit Ebay for some second-hand RapidFires. I suspect you'll struggle to find new ones...

Sheepy1209

Veteran
[QUOTE 1146826"]
Wife had a go on boy no.1's Kona last week, and now she wants triggers on her Carrera Subway. It's about 4 years old, 14-speed SRAM, and currently has twisters.

Given that the bike's use currently stands at about £15/ride, I don't want to spend too much. What's a cheap solution?
[/quote]

I think a Subway has a SRAM rear mech in addition to the SRAM gripshift, which means you'll need a compatible SRAM trigger (NOT a SRAM Attack, as they're designed to work with Shimano mechs)
I think this one will do the trick: SRAM X3 trigger £15.99

Personally I wouldn't bother changing the left-hand gripshift to trigger as it's unlikely to be used that often.

Remember you'll also need new grips as the existing ones won't be long enough when the gripshift's gone.

Bear in mind I've not done this yet, this is just what my research tells me - but it looks like it could be done for about twenty quid.

Happy to be corrected!

Chris S

Legendary Member
According to the blurb in the Argos catalogue twisters are more up-market and give a more precise gearchange than triggers!

Top Bottom