SRAM versus Shimano cassettes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Okay, am getting fed up waiting for a certain northern on-line retailer to restock the SRAM PG1070 cassette so am wondering whether I should just go for a Shimano Ultegra instead...am looking for an 11-25. I'm running a mostly SRAM Rival drivetrain but with a SRAM Force rear mech.

So, what do people think about Shimano cassettes versus the SRAM ones and am I right in thinking that I may have to remove a spacer if I'm to use a Shimano cassette? Both my (rear) wheels are set up for SRAM and I believe one or the other requires a spacer? Any thoughts.

Second question; I'm getting fed up waiting for a certain northern on-line retailer to restock the KMC X10 EL chain and am looking for alternatives. Any suggestions?

From the cassettes I've had I've found the SRAM ones to wear better than Shimano, I've never had a shimano one last more than one chain. I also think SRAM cassettes come in a better range (for me at least). I've had 10sp Shimano and SRAM cassettes on different wheels and never had remove a spacer IIRC. Oh and what are you doing ordering from the Bike Station, Inverurie afaik they don't do on line deliveries ;)

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Okay HLAB, that's good to know because I got so fed up waiting for a ...blah...to restock that I went elsewhere and got exactly what I needed. Glad you think so highly of the SRAM cassettes - they're all I've used on my Rib...damn!

Top Bottom