**SSTP** Garmin Edge 500 (exc cond)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kernow_T

Über Member
Since I had Vickster's (Bluetooth enabled EDIT: not Bluetooth - upgraded/better - got Bluetooth on the brain; sad I know) Garmin mine has been redundant with the Mrs sharing the former or using her phone on the odd short ride together.

No instructions/box (no issue as they couldn't be simpler to use - Google/YouTube is your friend).
Mint condition after little use and always used with case.
Comes with 1/4 turn disc mount and bands, silicon case and charger lead and plug (with different adapters) It's charged to 100% and factory reset. Can add as new out front Garmin mount (with rubber bar insert for perfect fit) for additional £5.
£48.95 inc signed for postage (exc PP fees)
As its mine and I think I've priced it very keen no offers please

Attachments

• IMG_20180612_100746.jpg
    IMG_20180612_100746.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180612_100804.jpg
    IMG_20180612_100804.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180612_100721.jpg
    IMG_20180612_100721.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20180612_100424.jpg
    IMG_20180612_100424.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

dhd.evans

Veteran
Since I had Vickster's (Bluetooth enabled EDIT: not Bluetooth - upgraded/better - got Bluetooth on the brain; sad I know) Garmin mine has been redundant with the Mrs sharing the former or using her phone on the odd short ride together.

No instructions/box (no issue as they couldn't be simpler to use - Google/YouTube is your friend).
Mint condition after little use and always used with case.
Comes with 1/4 turn disc mount and bands, silicon case and charger lead and plug (with different adapters) It's charged to 100% and factory reset. Can add as new out front Garmin mount (with rubber bar insert for perfect fit) for additional £5.
£48.95 inc signed for postage (exc PP fees)
As its mine and I think I've priced it very keen no offers please

I'm thinking of swapping from Strava on my phone to a smaller, more lightweight Garmin type thing. Is this Strava compatible and if so is it decent for showing speed and distance?

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
I'm thinking of swapping from Strava on my phone to a smaller, more lightweight Garmin type thing. Is this Strava compatible and if so is it decent for showing speed and distance?
Yes. Absolutely - couldn't live without Stava!/Gives you opportunity to see all this info clearly as you ride - you can select x number of live data (ie, current speed, ave. speed, elevation, distance. Much better in that respect and safer (in terms of not losing rides - glitches/battery) than phone but does require PC/Laptop - instantly updates to Strava when you plug in after ride (obviously saves rides so you can upload en masse).
Cheers

dhd.evans

Veteran
Yes. Absolutely - couldn't live without Stava!/Gives you opportunity to see all this info clearly as you ride - you can select x number of live data (ie, current speed, ave. speed, elevation, distance. Much better in that respect and safer (in terms of not losing rides - glitches/battery) than phone but does require PC/Laptop - instantly updates to Strava when you plug in after ride (obviously saves rides so you can upload en masse).
Cheers

Final question, what's the battery life like? Currently struggling with the phone having to have an external battery for any ride greater than 4hrs. Unfortunately payday isn't until 29th for me so if battery life is up to par then i'd like to please put my dibs on this unless someone else comes forward in the interim.

Ajax Bay

Guru
is it decent for showing speed and distance?
I have 5 data showing on my primary screen: HR, speed, ave speed, distance so far, cadence (you'll need a Garmin HRM strap and a cadence sensor for the first and last readings). There are 2 more screens to scroll through - I have things like climb profile and direction of travel (N, NE, E, etc) which I use in towns or generally when wanting directional assurance.
what's the battery life like?
Battery life on my 500 is consistently over 15 hours so will manage a 300 audax or, for example, the 296k of the Brevet Cymru to Llandovery(2), before partially recharging (30 minutes) while eating and that charge up did the last 6 hours.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
Final question, what's the battery life like? Currently struggling with the phone having to have an external battery for any ride greater than 4hrs. Unfortunately payday isn't until 29th for me so if battery life is up to par then i'd like to please put my dibs on this unless someone else comes forward in the interim.
Yes, that's fine mate and thanks to others endorsing the item. Why don't you send me a 'mutual good faith' deposit (either 8.95 or £13.95, if you want out front mount) to leave a balance of (£40) and I'll mark it as SSTP, pack it up send immediately on receipt of balance? That way I know it's sold and you know no one else is going to snap up a bargain you'd like.

If that sounds a plan drop me a msg.

Cheers buddy

Top Bottom