Stage 10 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
If Cav gets his 2 out of 4 stages that he's targeting then he'll get the Green Jersey as well.

The Champs Elysees with Cav in mix is going to be unbelievable

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Eurosport went straight off air out here.

Can anyone whose programming has lasted a little longer tell me who it was who fell right at the end?

yello

RabbitFood said:
would he not want the stage win then and just go for the green?

He's got green and defending it. He may have decided he can't beat Cavendish in the sprint so doesn't bust a gut trying. I could get my head around that!

Taba

zimzum42 said:
Eurosport went straight off air out here.

Can anyone whose programming has lasted a little longer tell me who it was who fell right at the end?

Apparently it was Vladimir Karpets, but as long as he isnt injured he wont lose any time.

Interestingly i've heard that Husovd might target intermediate sprints in breakaways whilst in the alps, which along with second and third places behind cav in the sprint stages could prove enough for Green...

Taba

Wiggins lost some time, he is a minute ish down and is 7th overall, must have got caught out somehow...:laugh:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
The field split, the second group came in 15 seconds down. Seems most of Garmin got caught, as did Cancellara

yello

Taba said:
Wiggins lost some time, he is a minute ish down and is 7th overall, must have got caught out somehow...:laugh:

Wow! I thought they all finished together! I didn't even think to look for stragglers. I wonder what happened? Poor Bradley, that's a real pisser!

garrilla

Good finish. I though Tyler Farrar was going to cause big pile-up when he tried to force the sprint on the fina bend.

The rest of the stage was bit boring. Do you thik this was the so called 'radio protest' or the geography of the stage?

yello

garrilla said:
The rest of the stage was bit boring. Do you thik this was the so called 'radio protest' or the geography of the stage?

A bit of both. The stage was never going to offer much, except to the sprinters or maybe an exceptional breakaway effort. That's probably why it was chosen for the 'no radio' test.

I think ultimately this 'no radio' test will be abandoned because it will back fire. The idea is to make for more exciting races but if the riders decide not to race.... it's a kind of 'lead a horse to water' argument.

zimzum42 said:
The field split, the second group came in 15 seconds down. Seems most of Garmin got caught, as did Cancellara

I was watching the replay and there was a 3-4 yard gap in the middle of the peloton which presumably accounts for the time difference - have seen bigger gaps go unpunished though.

yello

I must admit, I was stunned that there was a gap. I assumed that there must gave been an off or something but I've just watched a highlights package and they didn't even mention a gap! I'd be spitting tacks if I were Wiggins.

Just looked at it again and it is very harsh - the gap was about 3 bike lengths which was also the gap between 3rd & 4th and then 4th & 5th and all the top 10 were given the same finishing time.

Top Bottom