Stage 12 - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Another stage that is supposed to suit the sprinters and their teams so I guess Cavendish will be hoping for another win. However a breakaway could also make it stick today and so perhaps Voigt will give it a shot for glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
I fancy the Argyle boys to have a pop at a strong breakaway today with Millar being the main architect and looking for a stage win by staying away.
With him slipping down the GC they may well let him go.
Failing that a treble for Cav.

Renard

Depends on the actual finish really. If its uphill Cavendish won't feature.

Fingers crossed for a Millar breakaway.

Tetedelacourse

I say Hushovd today.

Was great seeing Arvesen and Elmiger get themselves sorted out yesterday towards the end, working together as much as could be expected. Also great to see Moinard trying to catch their wheels as they passed him. Great fighting spirit.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Isn't this the exact stage that Millar won a few years ago? He might well try to go for it as will a few others will similar preferences, but the sprinters' teams will really want to control this as they will not be getting many chances until after the Alps...

kennykool

Just saw that abour Saunier Duval and Ricco.

Thought Ricco had an outside chance of victory this year with some of his performances...what a waste.

I'd like Cav to win again today......Is McEwan still racing??????? :biggrin:

kennykool

Cav Again....trying to remember who was mocking him for saying he could win 3 or 4 stages??????

yello

Just a tad casual on the finish, Chavanel wasn't that far away!, but I guess he'd worked out he'd got it. If I was his manager, I might have a quiet word but otherwise another strong finish. He is unbeatable if his team get him to the right place.

But, yeah, where is Robbie McEwan???

CotterPin

Question is - when they give the TdF it's usual 20 second slot in the sports section on the Today programme tomorrow morning, which will they focus on - Ricco or Cav?

girofan

CotterPin said:
Question is - when they give the TdF it's usual 20 second slot in the sports section on the Today programme tomorrow morning, which will they focus on - Ricco or Cav?

Sad to say it will be Ricco with just a mention of Cavendish.
Good news doesn't garner more listeners!

Top Bottom