Stage 13 - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
what about the dude who totalled his bike and the sign in the middle of the road !!! ;) was one hell of a spill.

byegad

Legendary Member
MrGrumpy said:
what about the dude who totalled his bike and the sign in the middle of the road !!! ;) was one hell of a spill.

He bunny hopped the first island and landed just before the sign as two riders went either side. You can imagine him thinking,
OHHHhhhh! Sh..................

I was watching it live seemed to snap the bike in between the headset and the seat and just behind the bottom bracket. Did anyone stop frame it to confirm that?

yello

They had several slow motion replays on the coverage here. The bike certainly snapped in two but it appeared to me to be at the seat tube end of both top tube and down tube. It looked spectacular wherever it was!

yello said:
They had several slow motion replays on the coverage here. The bike certainly snapped in two but it appeared to me to be at the seat tube end of both top tube and down tube. It looked spectacular wherever it was!
Modern carbon fibre rubbish, wouldn't have happened if he'd been on a decent steel frame.
eusa_snooty.gif

Rob S

oops.jpg

The almost horizontal dark line to the left of the letter A is the front wheel at it's highest point of the incident ;)

ULO.jpg

Unidentified lying object....certainly not the seat tube and saddle...maybe his pump and race number!!:tongue:

Noodley

Cav has established himself as the best sprinter in the world IMO. He has proved he is as good as he thinks he is. Probably better.

Stunning.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I liked Eurosport's inlay of multiple stage winners the last few years and then funnily enough they were able to revise it so he'd done better than all these recent 3 stage winners!

Top Bottom