Stage 14 SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Geraint Thomas in the break!

Can't see the break surviving though - I'm going to go for Andy Shleck for today's win as he puts a big effort in on the climbs to take time out of contador

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Into the last climb, I am going for Sastre today, but Contador to break Schleck...

yello

Contador (and Astana) did what they could to shake Schleck up but he was decided on the tactic of staying on Contador's wheel. Bizarre imho but it's a tactical decision. Dangerous game, given the respective TT abilities of the current GC contenders.

Will1985

Über Member
Has anybody been watching the ITV4 coverage? It's the third day running I have heard them talking specifically about Easton wheels...has somebody been slipped a small brown envelope?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Fascinating stage - has scleck still got enough in the tank to keep it until Paris?

No!

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
if Contador delays so that more GC contenders are up at the top, Shleck needs to cover their attacks as well, leaving the door wide open for contador.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I don't think I quite see eurosport's total doom and gloom over Contador but I think he could have got more out of the attacks. Contador doesn't really need to take the time but I don't see why he wouldn't, make life a lot easier for himself later on and scare Schleck. Best news really for LL Samuel Sanchez and Menchov, not in terms of catching Schleck but got a reasonably cushy lead now over their rivals for the podium and looking better at climbing too although van den Broeck isn't out of it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It may have been a cunning stunt by Bertie but it seems to me that it highlights his fragility this year. He's just going to do enough and no more whereas in better years he'd have gone on the attack. He may keep his bigger attacks till the next few days but he's not the man he was last year. Maybe everyone's clean and feeling the physical pressure this year!

mangaman

Interesting stage.

I'm not of the Contador is immortal view. I disagree Astana were playing some sort of clever game today. They rode unnecessarily at the front all day. What was that for?

Menchov is not to be taken lightly, and is at least as dangerous opponent as Schleck I believe, as he is a geniunely good TTer

(Of course Contador seems to suddenly be able to be a world class TTer in the last few years since Bruyneel took him under his wing :smile: )

Menchov is a proper time triallist who can hold his own in the mountains. If I were Bertie I wouldn't be too cocky. (i felt he was today)

Top Bottom