Stage 15 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
The talking will now be over and it's time for the GC contenders to show their hands. I think CSC will put the pressure on Evans in this stage and it remains to be seen if he can hold or beat them. I think one of the Schleck brothers could cross the line first, having said that Evans will be there or there about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Evans will hang on the wheel of anyone within 10 minutes of the lead who tries to make a break. My prediction is that Menchov is the one to watch. He's by far the biggest danger to Evans for the overall despite being further back than some.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I always wonder the wisdom of letting a break like this get so far ahead but in the end they usually get swallowed up. Glad I'm not a DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Popovych at the front of the bunch going over the top, perhaps he's getting good legs again as so far he's not really been pulling his weight in this tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Pereiro has had a nasty crash and seems to have a broken shoulder and femur, but never lost consciousness. However that's made the peloton a little more careful on the descent and the break has increased it's lead to over 16 minutes, at this rate they could stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
They will not be caught now. Who is furthest up in GC? And will it make any difference?

That crash looked very nasty - he just wasn't moving afterwards from the long distance shot we got... I hope it is not as bad as was initially reported.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, well, well - what a great stage. Nice to see the break stay away, and Cadel Evans didn't manage to control things. Now third... of course he can easily take that back but CSC has a much stronger team.

yello

Seems like I picked the wrong stage to go for a ride! I hope there's a highlights package on later...

Top Bottom