Stage 15 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Once again Kloeden - my least favourite rider of all time - reveals himself to be just a tad short of desire.

Zimmers - I wouldn't take 20/1 on Armstrong tonight, but do you think that he has given up? I can't imagine him running up the yellow flag until after the time trial.

yello

In fairness, at 37 he IS amazing. Not too many of his age could compete at this level. Hinchapie likewise. But that's not what I watch for. I watch to see the attacks, they're exciting. After Contador went, then Schleck, then Wiggins, it was (for me) as if they had become unshackled from the legend. I hope the others see that and take the courage to ride for themselves. We saw today that Armstrong is 37 and can be beaten.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mad al said:
Hell I'm 56 and was once passed in a TT by a rider in his 60's (laughin like a maniac:laugh:) and I was .........45:sad::laugh::biggrin:,,,,,stay cool :evil:
And then there's Mister Ray Dare - 100 miles in 4hrs 59

aged 81

yello said:
In fairness, at 37 he IS amazing. Not too many of his age could compete at this level. Hinchapie likewise. But that's not what I watch for. I watch to see the attacks, they're exciting. After Contador went, then Schleck, then Wiggins, it was (for me) as if they had become unshackled from the legend. I hope the others see that and take the courage to ride for themselves. We saw today that Armstrong is 37 and can be beaten.
That's the key. Team LA's biggest success has been to convince other riders that he plays poker all the time. Unfortunately they've fallen for it over the years and have been either too paralysed to attack or have panicked into crappy attacks that failed. Hopefully today will mean that, finally, the other riders see through it. He's human, not Lady bleedin' Gaga. :evil:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
Once again Kloeden - my least favourite rider of all time - reveals himself to be just a tad short of desire.

Zimmers - I wouldn't take 20/1 on Armstrong tonight, but do you think that he has given up? I can't imagine him running up the yellow flag until after the time trial.
I don't reckon he's given up at all. If he were to quit this race that would be really embarrassing. Indurain soldiered on when Riis beat him, he took the defeat like a man and that's one of the big reasons I have serious respect for him. Lance quitting this race for anything other than a bad fall would be very childish.

he's not given up, he's just not good enough to win anymore

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I once got very excited in a 10 mile TT when I thought I had caught my minute man.

Turned out he was my three minute man, and he was well over 70.

My joy had quickly to turn to respect as I gave him a wave as I went past...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I thought it was odd team behaviour to get Kloden to drag Armstrong, Wiggins, F Schleck etc up after Bertie shot off. I would have thought they should have left the chasing down, such as it was, to the others. Armstrong was still unable to defer to a stronger younger rival.

rich p said:
I thought it was odd team behaviour to get Kloden to drag Armstrong, Wiggins, F Schleck etc up after Bertie shot off. I would have thought they should have left the chasing down, such as it was, to the others. Armstrong was still unable to defer to a stronger younger rival.
Without Kloden he would have been dropped for even more time. Not acceptable...:evil:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Here's Lance's 'tweet' for the day. Normally he writes a few, will see if he has anything else to say later....

St15 done. Ouch! Verbier was as hard as I thought. Alberto - super and had great punch/power. A heartfelt congrats to him. Rest day 2morrow!

Jonathan M

zimzum42 said:
I don't reckon he's given up at all. If he were to quit this race that would be really embarrassing. Indurain soldiered on when Riis beat him, he took the defeat like a man and that's one of the big reasons I have serious respect for him. Lance quitting this race for anything other than a bad fall would be very childish.

he's not given up, he's just not good enough to win anymore

DO you think LA is having cream or custard with his humble pie at dinner tonight?

dellzeqq said:
And then there's Mister Ray Dare - 100 miles in 4hrs 59

aged 81

:sad::laugh: I had the pleasure of gracing the start line at road running events with a certain Mr Bob Brierly who until he passed away held several "Masters" records and I know now that I just wouldn't get there at that age ...................80+:biggrin:

bonk man

I don't think Armstrong would quit, he will work for his team mate, however should anything go wrong with Contador in the time trial or out on the road LA will go all out for a victory.

It would still be a big ask of him though as there are some great riders in the mix, not least Wiggo.... but he was pulling some nasty faces on the climb today:laugh:

I cannot see LA winning it overall to be honest but you never know what is really going on in the tour from one minute to the next let alone over a week. Carlos Sastre could well grab the last mountain stage.. you mark my words:smile:

Top Bottom