Stage 16 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suspect that not having been in that position before he'd be reluctant to give it a dig too earlyin case he blows up and jeopardises his position. He may wait till the last climb tomorrow if he's got anything left!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Well done to all, brilliant stage, even Mrs CP was rooted to it and understands what's going on.

Running out of fingers to cross, for MC and his quest for green and Bradley in the GC.

rich p said:
I suspect that not having been in that position before he'd be reluctant to give it a dig too earlyin case he blows up and jeopardises his position. He may wait till the last climb tomorrow if he's got anything left!
Having come in saying that he wanted a top 20 finish I reckon you're right. I'd love to see him have a dig, but I'd prefer to see him safely on the podium than attack and blow it. Next year though.....:biggrin:

maurice

Another good stage then. I really felt for the winner at the end, you could feel he'd been waiting years for that moment and he deserved it.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Great stage. The Schlecks did enough to weed out those who are not going to be contenders (i.e. Cadel Evans!) but not enough to trouble any of their main rivals. This was just a little dig though, they'll give in more like 100% tomorrow.

Bradley did look very calm. I think that rather than attack, he will just try to cover everything from the Schlecks and make sure he is still in with a chance in the individual TT. Probably not enough to end up in yellow for a day, but who knows? But he also knows that none of the top guns will beat Contador on Ventoux.

I am also so pleased for Astarloza. A really intelligent and attacking ride. You could see what it meant to him - his first actual individual win. And in the TdF.

CotterPin

maurice said:
Another good stage then. I really felt for the winner at the end, you could feel he'd been waiting years for that moment and he deserved it.

I liked the way he looked around several times even as he crossed the line, no doubt convinced that his moment of glory would be snatched away from him at the last moment and that it wasn't really going to happen.

But it did - and well done to him. Thoroughly deserved!

Will1985

Über Member
montage said:
it is the radio
Julian Dean started putting it on his helmet as a joke, but then they found that it was more comfortable than having the unit in the jersey as well as being easier for wire routing. I've seen them on top of the Ionos helmets and also in the back of the Prolights.

User3094 said:
Thats what the head says. The heart says Lance will come up with some glory ride leaving the entire field in his wake. :smile:

I'll go along with that Smeggers - seen a lot of that sort of ambition this past sporting week...

Top Bottom