Stage 16 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Voigt's crash looks very painful. Just seen it in slo-mo... it seems he hit a bump, the back wheel lifted clear off the road and when it landed it just went from under him.

Ouch!

yello

Voigt's crash looked dreadful. That must have hurt, big time. No reports other than he's conscious and in hospital... but there'll be road rash aplenty ouch ouch ouch

Armstrong dug deep to catch the yellow jersey group. Impressive stuff. What did he say to Contador on his return??

But all that excitement for no change in GC!! (unless you count Cadel Evans who must have blown any chance he had now) Got to say, it wasn't for the lack of trying by Schleck junior. Wiggins look comfortable imo. Big day tomorrow. Big day.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
yello said:
Voigt's crash looked dreadful. That must have hurt, big time. No reports other than he's conscious and in hospital... but there'll be road rash aplenty ouch ouch ouch
Was it just me not paying full attention, or did he actually get back on and ride for a while?

Will1985

Über Member
yello said:
Armstrong dug deep to catch the yellow jersey group. Impressive stuff. What did he say to Contador on his return??
No idea, but Contador said that effort showed why he was a multiple champion (if my average Spanish is correct). Armstrong's arrival neutralised the group and almost certainly saved it from the Schlecks ripping the yellow jersey group apart.

It's looking good for Wiggo now... if only Contador could bonk and lose a few minutes, then Brad would be looking at yellow!

Molecule Man

zimzum42 said:
Was it just me not paying full attention, or did he actually get back on and ride for a while?

I don't think so, he looked in a bad way. He's now listed as a withdrawal on the race website.
Glad to see Kenny Van Hummel made it! Another brave solo finish at the back.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suspect that once the Shlecks saw that Bertie wasn't going to crack they eased off the gas slightly given that it wasn't a mountain top finish. That enabled LA to see that they weren't going away and it was a testament to his strength and will that he caught up - as did all the others who had been dropped.

montage

God Almighty
rich p said:
I suspect that once the Shlecks saw that Bertie wasn't going to crack they eased off the gas slightly given that it wasn't a mountain top finish. That enabled LA to see that they weren't going away and it was a testament to his strength and will that he caught up - as did all the others who had been dropped.

the Shlecks were still looking strong when LA rode accross....

iLB

Hello there
just watching the high lights now, noticed that one of the slip stream riders had a small yellow thing on the back of his helmet, anyone know what that might be??

dan_bo said:
am I alone in thinking that brad looks as though he's riding within himself and he's gonna piss it at some point?

For someone with his background on the track, he looks remarkably composed and under-awed!

Yep, I think he's just biding his time, then if/when he gets half a chance for a major and 'unexpected' break, he'll be off!

Top Bottom