Stage 17 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
After all of the upheavel of the last couple of days let's hope today will only be about the efforts of those riders still in the race. The top boys on the GC list will be covering each other and hoping they don't lose any more time but there must be some hopeful riders hoping to get away on a good break. I would like to see Millar be one of them but somehow he seems a little 'off colour' in this tour although he has put in some good supporting rides over the last couple of weeks. Could Dekker relieve his frustration with a final fling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

Spoiler? They haven't even started yet!

To be honest, right at this moment, it's difficult for me to care. Hopefully that'll change as the day passes.

chris42

yello said:
Spoiler? They haven't even started yet!

To be honest, right at this moment, it's difficult for me to care. Hopefully that'll change as the day passes.

It will be interesting to see what is said about Rasmussen and Rabobank.
Also how Discovery and Quickstep react.

Tetedelacourse

Breakaway or sprint, breakaway or sprint, breakaway or sprint, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SPRINT today methinks. And big Tam for me today.

chris42

Tetedelacourse said:
Breakaway or sprint, breakaway or sprint, breakaway or sprint, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SPRINT today methinks. And big Tam for me today.

I think we may see a steady ride by the peleton the as you say frantic last KM.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
If it's a sprint then I think it will be between Boonen and Zebal.

Yello, I put spoiler in the heading because once the race has started comments do appear and some people might not want to see them at that time!!

Breakaway @ 32km :
- Jens Voigt (CSC)
- Martin Elmiger (A2R)
- Daniele Bennati (LAM)
- Daniele Righi (LAM)
- Markus Fothen (GST)
- Manuel Quinziato (LIQ)
- Matteo Tosatto (QSI)
- David Millar (SDV)

Voigt, Miller, Quinziato, Fothen, Bennati - this could be interesting if they manage to stay away !

yello

I know Keith. I was wondering if there was a race to get the 'spoiler' thread of the day up. Can I post a stage 18 spoiler yet???????????

Can't see that bunch staying away. So, sprint it is. Don't ignore Hunter - he'll be there or there abouts.

chris42

Menchov of the Rabobank team has just stepped off his bike and gone into the car. It appears that he has abandoned the Tour de France

Yes, Menchov out.

I suppose it must have been a bit dispiriting, being team leader, but one of your team not agreeing to this and eclipsing you, the team support is switched to them and you have to drop your own ambitions, you work your *rse off in the mountains for them, they then get chucked off the team and out of the race for dodgy practices, meaning you've wasted all that effort and blown your own chances...

Top Bottom