Stage 18 TT **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

Has anyone found a link to watch it online? None of mine are working today and ITV4 is not showing it until 2pm. I'm addicted now, I'll even watch it in Flemish

Will1985

Über Member
jiggerypokery said:
First rider round in 50:45 - Terpstra, so that's the time to better.

Edit - Tell a lie, Hutarovich was first round with 55:12.
I think you're right the first time - Terpstra started 4 minutes later, but would have crossed the line before Hutarovich.

onthe_road

Using the Will1985 algorithm and based on Ignatiev's time on both individual TTs the winner (Cancellara) should come in under 45:00.
All things and omens considered I'll go for 45:55 winning time.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Going with the trend of predicting after the start of the event then I think NickM set al should have another go:biggrin::biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
onthe_road said:
Using the Will1985 algorithm and based on Ignatiev's time on both individual TTs the winner (Cancellara) should come in under 45:00.
All things and omens considered I'll go for 45:55 winning time.
It's called the "All-things-being-equal algorithm"!!!

I would agree with that though - Cancellara should do a mid to long 45.

NickM

Veteran
rich p said:
Going with the trend of predicting after the start of the event then I think NickM set al should have another go:biggrin::biggrin:
Huh. I think all bets are off <sulk>

:sad:

NickM

Veteran
SimonRoberts0204 said:
whats the world record for a 25 mile TT? I thought it was close to 45 minutes?
Competition record is 45'57", set by the supreme tester, Chris Boardman, with a fixed gear on a float evening in Oxfordshire 1993.

I didn't think the riders would get close to that today, partly because it's a bit windy, partly because there's a bit of an 'ill, and partly because it's 500m longer.

onthe_road

NickM said:
Competition record is 45'57", set by the supreme tester, Chris Boardman, with a fixed gear on a float evening in Oxfordshire 1993.

Thanks for enlighting me NickM - you mean the WR would have to be broken in adverse conditions for my prediction to come true? :sad:

Then I guess you should stick to your guns rich_p. Ignatiev has TT pedigree...

Top Bottom