Stage 3: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
montage said:
yer I know, I guess it is a fair one, but I would rather somebody who had done a bit more work won it.

I guess thor put in one bit of effort to keep up with cancellara at one point

It was the perfect way for the Thunder God to flip the bird at Cancellara for his organisation of the 'protest' that neutralised the previous stage. Exactly what Cancellara deserved IMHO. And as for 'wheel-sucking' - you can't stay in the front group on a stage like that merely by wheel-sucking...

Willo

I took the opinion that Hushovd's win just evened out Cancarella pulling rank the day before. I did wonder what would've happened if he wasn't in that leading group, would Thomas have had a real chance of winning the stage, or be let win the stage for his efforts at the front given Canceralla got the yellow back and Schlek gained time on his rivals which may have been reward enough for them?

In terms of excitement, a good start; don't think I could ever say I enjoy watching crashes, but the cobbles yesterday provided quite a spectacle generally and, as others have said, livened up the first week which can be a bit sterile in terms of GC reckoning. Was really interesting watching the tactics and how they coped. Sean Kelly's insight was interesting in terms of the pyschology of not being able to resist the gutters when the going gets tough, despite deep down knowing the risk of punctures.

Flying_Monkey said:
I feel completely the opposite. This has been a great start - and it means that every stage is going to be far more contested. It won't be just a parade to the mountains. The GC and Green jersey competitions are wide-open, the fight for white looks interesting, and I have no idea who is going to get the KoM. Not everything is about Armstrong...

+1 ... Could be most interesting Tour for some years.

Top Bottom