Stage 3: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Go Geraint! :evil:

That was worth waiting for. And go Cuddles too!

nice to see Vino being his usual self, riding Contador off the group! i wondered how long he'd stay a 'team' mate to AC before he decided it was his team after all.

Poor 'Bert, he really needs a loyal squad. Shame he isn't Basque.

BigSteev

I'm not so sure about that, he only got dropped on the final run-in and it looked like he had a flat rear as he crossed the line. I'm not sure the Vino had noticed and was driving the pace thinking Bertie was in there and was actually helping him.

raindog

er.....
laurence said:
nice to see Vino being his usual self, riding Contador off the group! i wondered how long he'd stay a 'team' mate to AC before he decided it was his team after all.

Poor 'Bert, he really needs a loyal squad. Shame he isn't Basque.
That's odd I got the impression Vino rode out of his skin for Berto yesterday. I thought he was pulling the small group with Wiggins and Berto hanging on the back?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
marinyork said:
That may be the case but not something that the commentators appeared to pick up at the time.
Doesn't mean it isn't true.

It was a very canny bit of racing - Bert gets Vino's time becuase he flats from the Vino group within 2k of the finish, so the faster Vino rides, the better Bert does. TBH, I'm not even sure Bert realised, given how cross he looked, but it was nice work by his team mate.

Fantastic stage today - Cadel shows what a good world champion he is, great rides from Thomas and Wiggins (and I thought Sky did well in general today) and some genuine unpredictability. Gutted to see Chavanel lose yellow though.

PpPete

Legendary Member
What happened to Tony Martin ? ITV 4 didn't mention him at all. Did he fall or does he just not like the cobbles? I always thought him a useful all-rounder

John the Monkey said:
Doesn't mean it isn't true.
What, Liggett and Sherwen missed something? Perhaps they were distracted by events happening a minute further back. :smile:

It was a very canny bit of racing - Bert gets Vino's time becuase he flats from the Vino group within 2k of the finish, so the faster Vino rides, the better Bert does. TBH, I'm not even sure Bert realised, given how cross he looked, but it was nice work by his team mate.
He doesn't get Vino's time. The group gapped him by 10s and the 'same time' rule only applied to crashes. I'd be inclined to agree that it wasn't deliberate by Vino though, especially if Bertie had a flat.

Hi Laurence, nice to see you back. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom