Stage 3: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Smokin Joe said:
Cracking stage, and an awesome performace by Thomas, Wiggins too. I did not realise Brad was in the Contador group till the last kilo, thanks to the Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Laaaaaaaaance obssession with his fanboys in the ITV commentary box. They hardly mentioned Wiggins and I kept looking at the groups further back for him.

Even Duffers was better than these two, at least he had Kelly beside him to point out the bleedin obvious.

Wiggo quietly biding his time ......

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Smokin Joe said:
Cracking stage, and an awesome performace by Thomas, Wiggins too. I did not realise Brad was in the Contador group till the last kilo, thanks to the Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Laaaaaaaaance obssession with his fanboys in the ITV commentary box. They hardly mentioned Wiggins and I kept looking at the groups further back for him.

Even Duffers was better than these two, at least he had Kelly beside him to point out the bleedin obvious.
At least you had something in English, I was going nuts with the German commentary, I had no idea what was going on today!

NickM

Veteran
dan_bo said:
I know that place- I've a punter in the Maudsley which entails me staying in the pascha hotel nearby.

Do you ever drink in the Carib bar?
No, I rush straight through on my way home. Why, should I stop (and risk losing the Tour :blush: )?

Noodley

Smokin Joe said:
I did not realise Brad was in the Contador group till the last kilo, thanks to the Lance Lance Lance Lance Lance Laaaaaaaaance obssession with his fanboys in the ITV commentary box. They hardly mentioned....

anyone else.
:ohmy::blush:

They are a right pair of arse-lickers are they not. Liggett even screamed something about his awesome power and how he's always performed and liked the cobbles...err, yeh, that's right, Lance will long be remembered for turning up and taking on the cobbles of Paris - Roubaix year after year....:smile:

NickM

Veteran
dan_bo said:
It's a funny little pub that's all.
Maybe I'll pop in next time I walk home that way. I thought you might mean the Miliki Spot... I've no idea whether that's worth a visit, but something tells me that its priorities and mine (first class beer in peace and quiet!) may not be well aligned :blush:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
anyone else.
:ohmy::blush:

They are a right pair of arse-lickers are they not. Liggett even screamed something about his awesome power and how he's always performed and liked the cobbles...err, yeh, that's right, Lance will long be remembered for turning up and taking on the cobbles of Paris - Roubaix year after year....:smile:

I thought I had been missing a whole chunk of recent cycling history when I heard them say that, like you I can't remember any startling performances over cobbles from Lance.

Those two are like the Daily Express and their fixation with Diana, it's time they realised his career is nearly as dead as she is.

Cracking stage that. Surprised and glad to see Wiggins in the Contador group, those muppets didn't mention him once, I thought he was back with Chavanel.

Armstrong, cobbles...........cobblers more like.

lukesdad

I dont think Fab. and Andy wanted to see Cuddles sitting there at the end.Great ride by him, Menchov too, they weren t fancied by many at the start . Cotenders ? Maybe.....

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Very interesting - that stage was almost an early 'selection'... if you look at it only in terms of the contenders for the Top 3 spots, taking Cadel as the current 'virtual favourite', this is how it looks (although I may have missed a few others consider contenders):

1 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:00
2 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 0:00:30
3 Alexander Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana 0:01:00
4 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Astana 0:01:01
5 Denis Menchov (Rus) Rabobank 0:01:10
6 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:01:10
7 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas-Doimo 0:01:43
8 Luis León Sánchez Gil (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 0:01:44
9 Lance Armstrong (USA) Team Radioshack 0:01:51
10 Tony Martin (Ger) Team HTC - Columbia 0:01:56
11 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Team Radioshack 0:02:14
12 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Team Radioshack 0:02:21
13 Michael Rogers (Aus) Team HTC – Columbia 0:02:21
14 Andreas Klöden (Ger) Team Radioshack 0:02:22
15 Samuel Sánchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:02:25
16 Carlos Sastre (Spa) Cervelo Test Team 0:02:40
17 Ivan Basso (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo 0:02:41

(and of course, this is all meaningless fun)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Smokin Joe said:
Geraint Thomas as a dark horse?

I think Sky are working him up to being a Green jersey contender - he's not a pure sprinter by any means, but he is the kind of guy who could be 'up there' on a number of different kinds of stages.

Top Bottom