Stage 4: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
Cav's gonig straight out of my fantasy team. What happened to him?

Noodley

He didn't throw the toys out of the pram - he just knew he wasn't going to win and sat up...all sprinters do that.

Disappointing for him, but he'll be back again for more tomorrow...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It looked to me like Cav missed a gear change or something, the way he looked down at his drivetrain...

Thor was well out of it too

You shouldn't sit up in a sprint tbh tho, what happens if pettachi falls as he did? He could of still got something from that.

zimzum42 said:
It looked to me like Cav missed a gear change or something, the way he looked down at his drivetrain...

Thor was well out of it too

Racers exscuses :sad:

Noodley

iAmiAdam said:
You shouldn't sit up in a sprint tbh tho, what happens if pettachi falls as he did? He could of still got something from that.

Racers exscuses :sad:

Nonsense.

He just didn't have it today, so he sat up. Unless you can explain why he should not have sat up other than 'what if everyone else falls off..."

I can't see him staying in the Tour much longer if it does not come together soon.

Noodley

iAmiAdam said:
Well, why not?

Well, you got me there! :sad:

He knew he did not have enough to win, sprinters ride to win, so he sat up.
He got a great lead-out and last year he would have nailed the win easily...maybe his early season problems and lack of miles have resulted in him not having it this year.

He'll maybe keep plugging away, but I suspect it would be very tempting for him to pack before Paris...maybe wait to see how he goes on the flat stages after the Alps?

Excellent sprint by Boassen Hagen for third and McEwen in there too. I wouldn't bet against Petacchi tomorrow and it will be interesting to see what form he comes out the Alps in. Cav for DNS if tomorrow goes badly.

montage

God Almighty
Noodley said:
Nonsense.

He just didn't have it today, so he sat up. Unless you can explain why he should not have sat up other than 'what if everyone else falls off..."

I can't see him staying in the Tour much longer if it does not come together soon.

because he is going for the green jersey. Which he is behind on, therefore every little counts even if he only scrapes a few points

Top Bottom