Stage 4: SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cav must basically be writing this season off now and thinking about starting again next year...

montage

God Almighty
I will lose a lot more respect for him if he pulls out of the TdF
He could still regain some credibility by being the first one into paris

Noodley

montage said:
I will lose a lot more respect for him if he pulls out of the TdF
He could still regain some credibility by being the first one into paris

That's not how it works though...he's not lost any credibility (unless you are adopting the 'must win everything or you are shoot' mindset of a football fan)

montage

God Almighty
Noodley said:
That's not how it works though...he's not lost any credibility (unless you are adopting the 'must win everything or you are shoot' mindset of a football fan)

I adopt the "must not give up if losing slightly" mindset.
He could have gained some points for the green jersey still. He didn't bother.

Noodley

montage said:
I adopt the "must not give up if losing slightly" mindset.
He could have gained some points for the green jersey still. He didn't bother.

As I said, that's not how it works...you seem to be trying to apply your mindset into a scenario where a top sprinter is not firing as well as he thinks he should/knows he can - and knows there is little point. Points for Green jersey or not - I don't reckon he's too bothered by the jersey.

montage

God Almighty
Noodley said:
As I said, that's not how it works...you seem to be trying to apply your mindset into a scenario where a top sprinter is not firing as well as he thinks he should/knows he can - and knows there is little point. Points for Green jersey or not - I don't reckon he's too bothered by the jersey.

He stated that his aim this tour was to win the jersey and any stage wins were a bonus...at least that was what he said in an interview on itv4

Paul_L

Über Member
to me it looked like HTC went a bit too early. Thor's sprint was set by HTC hitting the front. They didn't have the response once Pettachi came down the left.

Why the slating of Cav for sitting up? He came 9th. Thor came 8th.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
What's up with Cav then - off form, unwell, nerves, poor team service?

Feel sorry for the lad, must be difficult for him. Ah well he's got at least another ten years at this level so there's always next year if this one's a write-off. ;)

threebikesmcginty said:
What's up with Cav then - off form, unwell, nerves, poor team service?

Feel sorry for the lad, must be difficult for him. Ah well he's got at least another ten years at this level so there's always next year if this one's a write-off. ;)
He had a perfect lead-in.

Paul_L said:
Why the slating of Cav for sitting up? He came 9th. Thor came 8th.
12th I think.

If he's written off the jersey already (not on form? Upset at having his manliness SMASHED by Thor?) then fair enough, but if he wants it next year then he's going to have to scrap for points wherever he can get them.

Top Bottom