Stage 6 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
It gets a little hilly today and the finish is uphill as well, another breakaway by the French again or will some others try instead. According to cyclingnews some of the Garmin team think Millar could be in with a shout. Cadel Evans will just sit tight and cover the moves IMO so perhaps one of the the Schleck brothers will have a dig. Unless he really has gone past his 'sell by' date Valverde could also snatch this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's a hard one to call, this one. I can't imagine Millar will be allowed to escape and I need to be convinced he can climb yet. I'll go for Ricco trying to salvage something.
Evans will be just behind whoever wins:evil:

Tetedelacourse

A possible good day for Voigt but I think Millar's moves (if they materialise) will be covered.

Anyone see ITV4's bit about the little town the tour passed through yesterday? I quite enjoyed that, sums up the tour perfectly for me. Loads of hanging about, nothing to do or see for hours on end, and then the awesome sight of the riders zipping through at speeds you can only dream of, lasts about 30 secs. Then everyone leaves! Great stuff Ned Boulting! Was LOL when he said they nearly missed the race when the mayor took them inside for a drink. Exactly the sort of thing I'd do!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Come on you lot. Let's have a little side bet on today's stage winner. Winner buys a round!

So far me: Ricco
Keith: Millar (amongst others!!!!!!!!!)
Tete: Voight

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I am thinking Kirchen will try again. It will be a day for someone like him or Millar. Or perhaps a strongman like Voight or Schleck. It's one of those kinds of days anyway - a time for someone to take yellow for a day or two but no-one who will bother the final rankings that much.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
ricco for the stage, millar for the maillot jaune.

i don't think evans et al will be worried about millar taking yellow, he's not a threat to gc in the long run. mind you, will they take that risk?

kennykool

I would LOVE to see Millar in Yellow at the end of today but agree with RICH that I'm yet to be convinced he can climb...I've gone all patriotic this tour - what will it be like when there is a gb team

Carlos Sastre can't be ruled out I suppose

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's not really a climber's stage though - by pro standards, it is rolling, at best 'hilly' or what the TdF people now call a 'medium mountain stage'...

Tetedelacourse

yip, 2 sprinters won the last twice the tour visited Super Besse.

How do you pronounce Voigt? Until yesterday I was saying Voyt, but am now led to believe it's Vote.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Actually richP. I wasn't tipping Millar only repeating what some of his team were saying but seeing you've listed me as that I will stick with it, but I think Valverde will either win or fall apart today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
A French trio have made a break again, is this something in their new contracts with ASO? However there is still a long way to go and the gap is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisKH

Guru
I'd like to say Kirchen as he is something of a namesake (nearly) and as my father in law keeps telling me he comes from the Motherland - now where's that rolling eye smilie.......or Schleck, just to keep the old man happy.

yello

It was great to watch the 'départ' today in Aigurande. I avoided the crowds around the rider sign-in and instead wandered around the team buses, watching the mechanics prepare bikes, and riders generally get ready. I stood next to Gert Steegmans and Steven De Jongh for awhile whilst they chatted to some folk, my lord De Jongh's got big thighs! William Frischkorn (slipstream) wasn't happy with something on the bike because they messed around with it for ages!

Sadly, my camera batteries went and the spares, despite being 'new' from the packet were likewise dead. Damn those cheap supermarket batteries ;) So only managed to take a few snaps.

Riders rolled out on time, and pretty much everyone packed up and left too. No hanging about!

A winner today? I'll go for Andy Schlek.

p1000258.jpg

Top Bottom