Stage 8 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Today is the first of the real tough finishes, three climbs of note with the last being nearly 20 K up to the finish line. I think this is when Valverde has to prove his metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, I think the non-Astana's missed a trick yesterday and they all just watched the turquoise train steam back into form. Everyone seems to ride as if the race is coming to them rather than the other way around. Kind of hope that the Maillot Jaune can hack the pace today if even just to rub the favourites noses in it for a few days. With a rest day tomorrow, surely someone has to take a risk.

gbyers

Good picture feed again from NOS. Heavy on the Rabobank coverage esp Dekker, but that's understandable.

Anyone got english audio feed? Can't get Eurosport audio to work on either browser and cyclingfans website reports problems.

TimO

Guru
gbyers said:
Good picture feed again from NOS. Heavy on the Rabobank coverage esp Dekker, but that's understandable.

Anyone got english audio feed? Can't get Eurosport audio to work on either browser and cyclingfans website reports problems.

You're doing better than me, I've not managed to get any of the streaming feeds to work, audio or video, both at home on the ADSL, or at work on a nice big fat academic feed into the Net.

At least the Eurosport text thingy on Yahoo works pretty well, wherever you are, and ITV4 is a godsend at the weekends.

Some amazing footage looking down the mountains today, I don't think I'd like to cycle up any of that, but the views must be magnificent!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Wow, nasty crash for Rogers and Arroyo, hope they are both OK!!

TimO

Guru
Ouch, nasty fall, Michael Rogers and David Arroyo both coming down, but David literally having to climb back into the race. :eek:

It's amazing that riders don't come off worse more often on these downhills, you watch them go around some corners, and it wouldn't take much to put them in a situation where they would need to learn how to fly very fast!

Top Bottom