1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 8 - spoiler

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 15 Jul 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Today is the first of the real tough finishes, three climbs of note with the last being nearly 20 K up to the finish line. I think this is when Valverde has to prove his metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. wakemalcolm

wakemalcolm New Member

Yup, I think the non-Astana's missed a trick yesterday and they all just watched the turquoise train steam back into form. Everyone seems to ride as if the race is coming to them rather than the other way around. Kind of hope that the Maillot Jaune can hack the pace today if even just to rub the favourites noses in it for a few days. With a rest day tomorrow, surely someone has to take a risk.

3. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I agree with you wakemalcolm, it was almost as if they were waiting for Astana to recover and attack. Perhaps they know something we don't!!!!!!

4. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Now they are well and truly on their way and Millar is in the leading bunch, can he do something today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Cavendish has abandoned, never mind he has a few years ahead of him to try again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. gbyers

gbyers New Member

Good picture feed again from NOS. Heavy on the Rabobank coverage esp Dekker, but that's understandable.

Anyone got english audio feed? Can't get Eurosport audio to work on either browser and cyclingfans website reports problems.

7. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

After the tips yesterday I'm also on NOS but I keep losing it and have to log on again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. TimO

TimO Veteran

You're doing better than me, I've not managed to get any of the streaming feeds to work, audio or video, both at home on the ADSL, or at work on a nice big fat academic feed into the Net.

At least the Eurosport text thingy on Yahoo works pretty well, wherever you are, and ITV4 is a godsend at the weekends.

Some amazing footage looking down the mountains today, I don't think I'd like to cycle up any of that, but the views must be magnificent!

9. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Wow, nasty crash for Rogers and Arroyo, hope they are both OK!!

10. TimO

TimO Veteran

Ouch, nasty fall, Michael Rogers and David Arroyo both coming down, but David literally having to climb back into the race. :eek:

It's amazing that riders don't come off worse more often on these downhills, you watch them go around some corners, and it wouldn't take much to put them in a situation where they would need to learn how to fly very fast!

11. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

ROGERS is going to pack!!

His left hand (?) he can't use it

12. Steve Austin

scrap that, he looks better :eek:

13. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Astana are now at the head of the peleton but with Rasmussan 4 mins ahead will they catch him!!!

14. TimO

TimO Veteran

No he doesn't, he's falling backwards through the peloton. :blush:

(I might just be to get to the Doc though...<fx:fingers crossed>)

15. Steve Austin

doc just had a look at his right collarbone. he looks awful :eek: