Stage 8 - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
He's abandoned. :blush: :eek:

TimO

Guru
I think there are going to be a lot less riders at the start of the next stage. They do seem to be dropping out rather rapidly today. I guess it's hardly suprising, three cat 1 climbs in 165 km of cycling, it's got to be a bit wearing. :eek:

Monty Dog

Mayo, Kash, Valverde and Evans counter - Contador has joined them and they have caught Moreau. Savodelli driving Vino and Kloden in the bunch.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Rasmussen is riding well !

SamNichols

Rasmussen absolutely killed them out there today, although they did manage to claw some time back. Valverde was being an absolute idiot, and one must feel sorry for Moreau after he held that lot up for a good 1/2 hour or so, and thye didn't even have the courtesy to thank him.
Also, lots of dramatic exits today - it's all heating up.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It's shaping up for a great tour. Assuming the big move to clamp down on doping is having an effect, I think the race will be far more unpredictable than in recent years with fluctuations in form as riders pay for the efforts of a hard stage.

I feel it is no coincidence that no-one was able to achieve all there tour wins in consequtive years before the EPO era.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
This is all getting to be a bit more like the tour was like when I started watching in the mid 80's (which was the first year ch4 covered, '84 perhaps?)

The Armstrong years were a bit dull.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Mayo did well today which is a big turn around for him after a couple of very quiet years. Glad to see Valverde near the top of the list in 3rd place on the day and 4th in the GC. Rasmussen really showed his metal today and could continue in Yellow for a while!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
From the CSC web site, not so good:

Stuart O'Grady in Bad Shape

[15.07 20:30] This year's winner of Paris-Roubaix, Australian Stuart O'Grady crashed and had to abandon Tour de France during Sunday's mountain stage. O'Grady was in bad shape and was taken straight to hospital for observation after the crash.

O'Grady was working his way through the peloton with bottles for his teammates during the final descent, when the crash happened.

The Australian rider landed on his right side and punctured one lung, broke his collarbone, shoulder blade, five ribs as well as some bones in his spine. It is important to point out though that it is not the spine itself, which is broken.

Unquote

He's one of my favorite riders so I hope all will be well for next season!!

Top Bottom