Stainless Steel Equilibrium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Here she is the little beauty have only had a short cycle yet as tend to use the Kinesis at the moment on a daily basis until weather improves and I can really test the equilibirum stainless steel out^_^
stainlesssteel_zps1db3a328.jpg

downtube_zps712b3195.jpg

fsa_zps9710f9df.jpg

backtube_zps834b709c.jpg
toptubeclose_zps96cf93f5.jpg

Only had out today for a short ride (as had just completed a 10 mile run!) and it handles like a dream..here is the brief from Genesis...
We've taken everything we've learned about the ever popular Equilibrium over the years, added some key modern features like wider rims and tyres for outstanding comfort, grip and faster rolling characteristics and built it around KVA's excellent MS3 double butted tubeset to produce what is comfortably one of the classiest looking, best performing road bikes in the whole 2015 line-up.

The chain set is 11 speed 52/36 and will prob take a little getting used to but this wider range should give me lots of options when I enter my first 80 mile sportive on July 5th in Bath. I have added the tubus fly rack (I cannot abide carrying a rucksack as it unbalances me) and of course mudguards. As a 58 year old all weather cyclist/runner I am after comfort, speed....and a touch of classs. I don't want to win the TDF but I don't want to be at the back of the bunch and I want to arrive in comfort....this little baby should do all that and more....I will post an update after a few hundred miles....

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Classy !

U

User19783

Looking good.
Wishing you many of happy miles on your steed.:bicycle:

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Looking good.
Wishing you many of happy miles on your steed.:bicycle:
Hey John...hope you are well....I had to get something very special to compliment the kinesis (and the giant...which I hear went to a very good home^_^) and this is just stunning. I had a very short ride today (waiting until the weather settles before giving a big run) and both the comfort and handling are second to none.....still at that price it ought to be!

Osprey

Guru
Love it. Stunning bike. I didn't realise they had started stainless steel. equilibriums. I've been looking at the 2014 Ti Equilibrium frameset and love it. Let us know how you find it. :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
stunning.
Another one here who like the look of bare metal.. and if that was my bike.... the logo's would go for extra metal goodness :thumbsup:

U

User19783

I can't fault my Croix de fer, the only issue (very slight) is, the bike comes with cromoly forks, not stainless steel?

BTW still loving the Giant defy.

I shall check out the 5 th July, next week, see if I can get some time off work, would like to meet up, but i don't know which bike i would bring?
The Giant or the Genesis?

All the best.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I can't fault my Croix de fer, the only issue (very slight) is, the bike comes with cromoly forks, not stainless steel?

All the best.

That could be a good thing, I've gone for 853 forks and they are a bit harsherer riding that 531 or probably Cromoly. Fork stiffness is good, but only to a point. In hindsight I'd have gone for Reynolds 'R' Forks. Stainless/953 forks would likely be stiffer.

U

User19783

That could be a good thing, I've gone for 853 forks and they are a bit harsherer riding that 531 or probably Cromoly. Fork stiffness is good, but only to a point. In hindsight I'd have gone for Reynolds 'R' Forks. Stainless/953 forks would likely be stiffer.

Thanks FF,
I will stick with the original forks, as the bike is awesome,,.

Origamist

Legendary Member
That's beautiful. If it had disc brakes it would be my perfect long-distance commuter! The Ti version fits the bill, but the price is steep...

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru

BTW still loving the Giant defy.

I shall check out the 5 th July, next week, see if I can get some time off work, would like to meet up, but i don't know which bike i would bring?
The Giant or the Genesis?

All the best.
That would be good John....looks a great and challenging (but not too challenging) event

Top Bottom