Stall/Activity ideas for a School Fete?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mrs FF in her infinite wisdom has decided to do her bit for the Youngest lad's School and joined the PTA, not only that but she is now "doing" the H&S for the Fete.
She's got a meeting on Friday, anybody got/seen any good ideas for stalls or activities that are fun and good money earners?

One or 2 new stalls/games would be really worthwhile.

Ideas on a postcard to...

Noodley

Beer tent. Nothing more fun for kids than watching parents fighting ;)

Maz

Guru
This game costs a quid a go:
get a whole bunch of balloons, insert a small piece of paper with a number from 1 to 3 written on it. Blow the ballon up and tie it.

Each of the numbers relates to a 'level' of prize the kid can win [1 is highest, for example].

kiddy stamps on the balloon until it pops, revealing their prize number...could be some sweets up to a small toy etc.

You get the idea, right?

was popular at our school fundraiser.

longers

Legendary Member
I always liked the bran tub.

My uncle does a fair bit with fundraising for his cub pack so I will give him a bell tomorrow if you like for better ideas.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cheers Guys...Maz, I like your game, simple chance and fun. Longers, the Bran tub I don't understand/recognise. Appreciate any help. Cheers!

Noodley

The "old nails in a bale of straw" can rake in the cash - and also be a nice earner for astute keen-eyed nippers ;) Hammer/place loads of nails into a bale with a few with coloured tips - 2 different colours, for the sake of simplicity blue/red. blue wins £2 red wins £5 or maybe £5 and £10 depending on number available - there should be "regular" winners or everyone will just bugger off. The vast majority will not be coloured. 3 goes for a quid.

The keen-eyed may be able to see where the winning nails are replaced ;)

Maz

Guru
Another one...like a raffle, but every tkt wins...get the parents to donate good quality toys [like McDonald happymeal or better].
wrap the toys up nicely and stick a raffle numbr on it, put the other half of the raffle tkt in a big jar.
£1 a go to draw out a number, that prize is yours.

longers

Legendary Member
The bran tub was a barrell filled with sawdust or shavings and it had "stuff" = bits and bobs wrapped up hidden in it. You pays your money and stick your arm in.

Is a big un a good prize or are all the good things the small ones?
I can't remember what I ever got out of one but not knowing what you'd get was half the fun.

If I remeber correctly there were a few decent toys in there along with some run of the mill stuff. A trip to a pound shop would give you all the ammo you'd need.

Maz

Guru
Any budding cooks in the school commitee? get them to bake a nice big cake, then for 50p a go, get punters to guess its exact weight. Winner wins the cake.

surfgurl

Get hold of some of those paint your own cup kits. The kiddies pay a quid or two to paint the cup and keep it. It also keeps them occupied for twenty minutes.
You can get other stuff to paint too. Plates or terracotta flower pots. All can be bought quite cheaply.
OH suggests buying in people to do a stall. There are companies who will come and do a teddy bear stall or something. You charge them a fee, which guarantees an income and doesn't mean you have to spend out.
Bottle stall? Huge tombola? Second hand books?
Plate smashing stall? It's always a winner. Just make sure you have safety goggles. And for a laugh get them wearing highviz.
Face painting always works.
Make sure there is stuff to do or see around the fete. Is there a local enthusiast club for something, classic cars, motorbikes, tractors?
And get the Fire Brigade or the Police down with a vehicle. The kiddies love it and they get to offer safety advice.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Rat in a drainpipe. Need a long length of pipe, baseball bat and a bucket and a weighted cloth 'rat'. Mind you I don't what the rat is made from. (It needs to slide easily in the pipe, angled up at about 45 degrees)

The idea was to wack the 'rat' as it slid out of the pipe and before it escaped into the bucket. Very physical. You got 3 goes. Needs ultra fast reflexes to hit the bugger.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There is wellie throwing.... not much needed (but you do need separate competition for children at school and the dads (competitive lot!!).

Bottle stall - competition pre fayre to see which class brings in the most bottles (juice or alcohol etc), class wins a prize to share such as a box of chocs, then the bottles are used on a bottle stall where every ticket wins a prize but there are only a few of the best prizes - the alcohol. Note if a child wins an adult must pick up the alcohol.

Get kids decorating biscuits/cakes - just need icing sugar, and various hundreds and thousands, choc drops etc, and all the obvious cleaning up stuff. Kids love that one...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Teacher in the stocks... throw wet sponges at him/her (get a willing teacher).
Indian Head Massage ... £1 for 5 mins... just rub their head a bit, relaxing anyway.
If you like thinking on the spot, a bit of sham fortune-telling, using tea-leaves, etc
Pin the tail on the donkey
Upturned half-eggshells in sawdust... 3 goes for a quid... if you lift one up and it has a green ticket (for example) you win one of these "lovely" prizes, if a blue ticket, nowt, if a red ticket, you get one extra turn.
etc etc etc

Top Bottom