Stall/Activity ideas for a School Fete?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

Stick a bike with a computer on a turbo, £1 a go, see who can go furthest in 1 minute.
Obviously different categories.

Bigtallfatbloke

Mums Mud wrestling competition...put it near the beer tent.

Kiddies cycle speedway competition

Guess the weight of White van man competition

Paintball corner

fuzzymum1

Maz said:
This game costs a quid a go:
get a whole bunch of balloons, insert a small piece of paper with a number from 1 to 3 written on it. Blow the ballon up and tie it.

We do this at ours and it's always very popular too.

fuzzymum1

One that raised about £50-60 at our last fete but needs a flat surface, ie indoors: Stand a bottle of whiskey on the floor and people take turns rolling a £1 coin to land as close to the bottle as possible, you keep all the rolled coins and the one that gets closest wins the whiskey. We did it for about 20 mins towards the end of the fete and there was a lot of competition and was very popular.

Maz

Guru
fuzzymum1 said:
One that raised about £50-60 at our last fete but needs a flat surface, ie indoors: Stand a bottle of whiskey on the floor and people take turns rolling a £1 coin to land as close to the bottle as possible, you keep all the rolled coins and the one that gets closest wins the whiskey. We did it for about 20 mins towards the end of the fete and there was a lot of competition and was very popular.
what a scam! well done tho!...pity those that watch their quid veer off into no-mans-land! ;)

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Guys and gals

Brilliant list!

There are several new ideas that we can definately add to the list.
Great work. Keep-em coming.
We're gonna check out the H&S issues for the mums mud wrestling...or bikini babes on a bouncy castle liberally coated with baby oil! £2 for 30 second peek!
Cheers

longers

Legendary Member
Ok, I've just spoken with my Aunt and she's got some ideas. Both her and my uncle are schoolteachers and cub leaders and these work for them when they do these things.

Tombola - getting the kids to bring in prizes as well as asking the adults gets a very good response apparently.
Cake stalls - very popular.
Face painting.
Nail painting is very popular too.
Sticks in sand - pay to pick sticks. Sticks with dots on win prizes.
Games in the IT suite - charge kids to play games on the computer. (good if it's raining).
Toy and book stalls.
Guess the number of sweets in the jar - very easy to set up.
Raffles - tickets can be sold in the lead up to the event.

The stocks and rolling a quid at a whisky bottle have been suggested already but are very good ideas.
I remember enjoying lobbing sponges at Mr Lyons over 20 years ago :biggrin:.

I got roped into doing one of these at Jake's primary school fete ... and we made a small fortune :biggrin:

You will need ...
1 x television
1 x playstation (preferably with steering wheel and foot pedals)
1 x Racing Game (we used Colin Mcrae rally 3)

I picked a short rally stage that was'nt to challenging (to get em through quicker) and charged the little Darlings 50p to have a go and the overall quickest time at the end of the fete won a prize ... the kids loved it

Failing that ... try a Mum's wet T-Shirt competition :biggrin:

Simon

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks Longers and Jakes Dad. Mrs FF's gonna look like a right goody-two-shoes boffy swat for all of the above.

I might suggest combining hurling sponges at teachers with then wet- T-shirt competition...might raise something!

Maz

Guru
longers said:
Games in the IT suite - charge kids to play games on the computer. (good if it's raining).
ah yes, a good one that...or even a Wii game projected on a big screen. Kids love it, and if one of the kids parents doesnt mind you borrowing theirs it's a sure-fire winner.

Top Bottom