Standards...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

... have slipped.

Thomas the Tank Engine.

Some things should not be changed. The Great has gone from Great Britain. Thomas has been computer animated. Some things are simply not right and should not have been done. The theme tune has been changed too. Today is a sad, sad day. :becool:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

I feel an attack of the vapours coming on...

It hasn't been the same since they put it on telly anyway. The great thing about the original books (and I'm well aware this makes me sound like an irredemable friendless saddo) is that they were pretty faithfull to actual railway practices (apart from all the rolling stock having faces and being semi - animate, obviously). On telly, it was just Ringo Starr playing with some toy trains.:becool:

Globalti

Legendary Member
It struck me recently that most of the Thomas books involved some kind of accident or disaster, which promps me to wonder just how safe the railways actually were in the "good old days".

With modern signalling and practices and all the private investment in Britain's railways in recent years I feel pretty sure they are now safer than they have ever been. It's my belief that towards the end of the BR era our railways were on the point of collapse. I wonder how many horrors have been uncovered and quietly corrected in the last few years as the network has been overhauled?

Night Train

Maker of Things
I still have a set of original Thomas books, 1-40, in the the proper format and with the orginal story lines and illustrations.

The Thomas stories stopped being right when it was sold out and messed with by people who didn't know what the railway regulations were.

Top Bottom