Staplers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

So you can staple things to a wall, noticeboard etc...........

Thread closed!:tongue:

From that fount of all knowledge called Wikipedia

Permanent fastening binds items by driving the staple through the material and into an anvil, a small metal plate that bends the ends, usually inward. On most modern staplers, the anvil rotates or slides to change between bending the staple ends inward for permanent stapling or outward for pinning (see below). Clinches can be standard, squiggled, flat, or rounded completely adjacent to the paper to facilitate neater document stacking.
A staple remover is a device that removes permanent staples with a pair of interlocking curved claws that slide under the staple's bent-over ends and bend them back out.
Pinning temporarily binds documents or other items, often cloth or clothing for sewing. To pin, the anvil slides or rotates so that the staple bends outwards instead of inwards. Some staplers pin by bending one leg of the staple inwards and the other outwards. The staple binds the item with relative security, but is easily removed.

Greedo

User76 said:
I have just stapled a piece of paper to a notice board with the arms folded in. So thats bloody nonsense.

Thread back open:thumbsup:

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Was wondering who would try it

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
It's to make reloading the magazine easier after you've massacred a pile of A4.

Just think of it as a girly SLR.

rh100

erm.....if you staple to wall they just go in straight, the foldy bit is redundant...I think :tongue:

For temporary stapling - so that the staple can be more easily removed with just the fingers. Try it.

(have the first aid kit handy)

Arch

Married to Night Train
rh100 said:
erm.....if you staple to wall they just go in straight, the foldy bit is redundant...I think :sad:

Correct. You simply don't use the back plate part that directs the arms anywhere. If you had it in place, the staple would never go into the wall!

Top Bottom