Stars you feel are overrated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
after looking at greedo's Madonna photos and thinking "i never really rated her", it got me thinking about "the other guy".

who am i talking about.. David Bowie !! a huge and successful star but i never really got him at all and still don't rate him very much.

so which BIG stars do you think are overrated (and possible who do you feel is underrated).

George Clooney, thats another one... what do people see in him ??

now im a big Gary Numan fan but i wouldn't say he's underrated at all, he's not really big star quality.

Katie Melua possibly underrated for me

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Alpha Centauri is a tad over-rated.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
vernon said:
Alpha Centauri is a tad over-rated.

Alpha Centauri is not a star.... Its actually 2 stars, (binary system)

So you have answered the question, which star couple is over rated.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
RyanW said:
Alpha Centauri is not a star.... Its actually 2 stars, (binary system)

So you have answered the question, which star couple is over rated.

I just knew that some pedant would wade in! Crab Nebula is a whole load of them. They all like group sex. Hello told me.. it must be true.

Noodley

jig-sore said:
now im a big Gary Numan fan but i wouldn't say he's underrated at all, he's not really big star quality.

No, he's shoot.

Maybe one average song about 30 years ago...
:rolleyes:

buggi

Bird Saviour
ianrauk said:
The Beatles

funnily enough, i was just thinking that today. i like their music but i don't think it's that outstanding.

after seeing her recently... Whitney Houston.

and also, after her performance on X Factor... Mariah Carey.

In fact, after seeing a lot of big names on X Factor, i think the contestants are much better.

Noodley

buggi said:
funnily enough, i was just thinking that today. i like their music but i don't think it's that outstanding.

after seeing her recently... Whitney Houston.

and also, after her performance on X Factor... Mariah Carey.

But you previously thought they were good...so you fail!!:smile:

What you have to bear in mind with the Beatles is that they were pretty much inventing pop music as they went along. This doesn't mean, of course, that you have to like their music - although mostly I do - but it does mean that it's actually very difficult to overrate them once you put them into context. Oasis, on the other hand, would be overrated if they offered a lavatory cleaning service.

Top Bottom