Stars you feel are overrated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
RyanW said:
Alpha Centauri is not a star.... Its actually 2 stars, (binary system)

So you have answered the question, which star couple is over rated.

Its actually a triple star system, Proxima Centauri is a star which orbits the Alpha Centauri system.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
slowmotion said:
I just knew that some pedant would wade in! Crab Nebula is a whole load of them. They all like group sex. Hello told me.. it must be true.

Also the Crab Nebula is a supernova remnant (planetary nebula), not a star forming nebula (interstellar nebula) so the only star there is a Neutron Star.

I studied astro-physics and astronomy.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Rhythm Thief said:
While I agree with Peter Kay, whose entire act seems to consist of having a hilarious Northern accent, and I can see how the Stone Roses (good as they were) could be seen as overrated, I'm struggling with AC/DC. Unless, of course, you mean the rather sad, sub-Spinal Tap parody they became after about 1980.

Funny the AC/DC thing. I grew up in the 70s and 80s with the Jam, the Clash, Joy Division etc, Mrs UD grew up with AC/DC, Bon Jovi, and "rock", for want of a better word. So i never really heard much rock music until about 10 years ago. I've really tried to like them because i know i should, but i just can't. Some of the opening chords promise greatness but then they all sound much the same to me. I don't know whether the stuff i've heard is pre or post 1980, so speaking from a position of ignorance i guess.
By the way i'm also having the same difficulty with Led Zeppelin, but i'll leave that for another day.

MrRidley

Paul McCartney, if it wasn't for the Beatles he'd be nobody,
Paul Weller, pretentious tit,
Michael McIntyre, if he's a comedian i'm Lance Armstrong
Russel Brand, Jonathan Ross, Anybody from the BBC,Lewis Hamilton,
Any hot new band
Chelsea FC
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones, i've got loads more, but since i'm at work and the boss is coming up the stairs, i'd better go.

Greedo

The Beatles
John Lennon (solo)
Paul McCartney (solo)
Elton John (fat fiddle of a man)
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Tom Cruise
Sting
Ozzy Osbourne
Michael McIntyre
Madonna
Guy Ritchie
Jim Carrey
Damien Hirst
Richard Gere (can't act to save his life)
Jean - Claude Van Damme
Jurt Cobain (nothing more than a junkie that got lucky)
Nickelback
Paul OGrady
Peter Kay

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
David Attenborough.

No, only kidding, he's a GOD!!

Unfortunately I can't say the same for most of his other collegues such as Humble, Oddie, King, and Baker, who just get on my tits!

Oh yes that woman that does the walks as well, you know, the likes of the railways walks and the Wainwrite ones.

Top Bottom